Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Olav Knutsson Rysstad 1877-1924?

Murray Rystead
 Del

Hello once again,

Olav Knutsson Rysstad is mentioned here. He is my great grandfather. Not sure what he did if he was a deputy or governor? Could someone translate what is being said about him? Thanks for your time. 

Screenshot_20180523-235902.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

An attempt below. I'm not sure what to call the shop in the photo, but it's not important to you, I think.

"Olav Knutsson Rysstad (the elder) became a deputy representative of the municipal council in 1910. Three years later he was elected as the first "pure" worker to the executive committee of Valle municipal council.

When we use the expression "pure" worker, it is to exclude some farmers and farmers' sons who later joined the Workers' Association."

Below the photo: "Olav Knutsson Rysstad (the elder) was a crofter's son, but owned his own land from 1913. In that year, he also became a member of the municipal executive committee. Here he is with his wife and children outside what was originally called Hylestad Cooperative Merchandise. It is the oldest merchant store in the municipality. (From the collections of Knut Jonson Heddi)"

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Norway is divided into municipalities. A municipality is called kommune or sometimes (especially before) herred (Bokmål) / herad (Nynorsk). Political decisions are made by the municipal council (kommunestyre or herredsstyre/heradsstyre). The council has an executive committee (formannskap) where matters are prepared before they go to the council.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider