Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Familien Bolt frå Tveiten gård i Vestby?

Michael Walsh
 Del

Looking for help with another family-related farm, and I think this one could be a challenge. It's called Tveiten/Tveten and is near Vestby, Akershus. I thought I had identified Tveiter/Tveter (gårdsnummer 23) as being the right place, but now I'm not so sure at all. The Bolt family were in residence there during the 1200's.

I can't find it on any of the maps I generally use as sources, and the only reference I can find on the Internet (other than genealogy pages for Bolt family) are a couple of PDF reports showing that the Søndre Follo Renseanlegg supposedly has a pumping station there:

"Søndre Follo Renseanlegg (SFR) ligger mellom Hvitsten og Pepperstad skog i Vestby kommune og er et interkommunalt renseanlegg eid av Vestby og Ås kommune. Rensemetoden er primærfelling. SFR eier også utslippsledningen til Emmerstadbukta i Oslofjorden. Avløpet fra de nordlige deler i Vestby kommune pumpes inn i anlegget via Tveten pumpestasjon. I tillegg til Tveten PS eier SFR Krombekken og Ringbekken PS liggende i Vestby kommune."

I suppose, worst case, I could email the SFR and ask them where their pumping station is, but I thought I'd give it a try here first.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 minutter siden, Michael Walsh skrev:

(cut)

Tveiter/Tveter (gårdsnummer 23) as being the right place, but now I'm not so sure at all. The Bolt family were in residence there during the 1200's.

(cut)

Michael,

The objective of your query is not necessarily "the family Bolt", however I am wondering what is your the reference to the statement "The Bolt family were in residence there during the 1200's". 

Is this from a website, in case which, or from a book or article?

Best regards,

Are

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, the family connection is mentioned in this book:

https://books.google.com/books?id=tFQ4AQAAMAAJ&num=10

Though I don't understand enough Norwegian to get much out of it.

However, if I look up certain members of the Bolt family on almost any geneaology site (I use Geni the most) there is a reference to Tveiten as the place of residence for a number of them. Example:

https://www.geni.com/people/Berdor-Bolt-til-Tveiten/6000000011295701330

Endret av Michael Walsh
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

3 timer siden, Michael Walsh skrev:

Yes, the family connection is mentioned in this book:

https://books.google.com/books?id=tFQ4AQAAMAAJ&num=10

Though I don't understand enough Norwegian to get much out of it.

However, if I look up certain members of the Bolt family on almost any geneaology site (I use Geni the most) there is a reference to Tveiten as the place of residence for a number of them. Example:

https://www.geni.com/people/Berdor-Bolt-til-Tveiten/6000000011295701330

Michael,

Unfortunately, the link doesn't give a proper reference as it leads to a generic page for the magazine "Historisk Tidsskrift". The actual author, title of the article and issue, would help greatly.

As to the geni-reference. It has no independent value, as the individuals mentioned are not referenced and linked to factual documents. Several of the people on the page have never existed. So, it remains to find out what really is the basis for the alleged "Tveiten" connection.

Regards,

Are

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

SFR (sewage treatment) is located between Vestby (city) and the fjord. Tveter farm is located further inland, and here is a pumping station leading to SFR. There is no local history that any Bolt has lived at Tveter.

Regards Jarleif

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That's actually good news - we can maybe omit Vestby as a place we need to visit. Although Vestby kirke is right off the highway and we'll be passing anyway, and I did think we had a family connection there... which I've now lost track of (I really need to start making notes when I see these things).

It's not Poul Resen Hofgaard though, since he's a great uncle and we're only visiting places with an "oldefar" connection (unless there is a coincidental one otherwise).

Anyway, thanks for the info. It nice of you to steer me right when I make a wrong assumption. It helps me clean up my tree if nothing else. You'll understand though that I'm limited in what I can research myself by a lack of skill reading Norwegian (working on it!) and a Google translation engine that often works poorly.

Endret av Michael Walsh
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider