MEMORIAL ID 113462082 · View Source

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/113462082/manda-anderson

----

HOME > CANADA > BRITISH COLUMBIA > CENTRAL KOOTENAY > GRAY CREEK CEMETERY

Click photo to enlarge

Click photo to enlarge

Gray Creek Cemetery
Central Kootenay, British Columbia, Canada

Contributed by Garry Burch, Dec 03, 2003 [habcreek@kootenay.com]. Total records = 77.

To access this cemetery you travel north on Highway 3A from Creston, BC for 67 KM to Anderson Road or 67.5 KM to Oliver Road. If using Anderson Road you climb the hill for .4 KM until you reach a bridge, cross the bridge and continue past the Oliver Road Junction for .3 KM until you reach the cemetery on the left. Using the Oliver Road access you climb the hill .3 KM until you intersect Anderson Road, turn left on it for .3 KM until you reach the cemetery on your left. If crossing Kootenay Lake on the ferry from the west, Oliver Road is 13.5 Km from the Kootenay Bay ferry landing and Anderson Road is another .5 KM.

The Gray Creek Cemetery is situated in the Regional District of Central Kootenay in the community of Gray Creek. It is a picturesque setting among the trees above the actual community centre.

This Cemetery was walked and transcribed during Jan and Feb 2003. I have compiled these records from this walk through, tombstone inscriptions, and sexton records.

- Garry Burch

Cemetery Records

Legend:
s/w = shared with
c/b = could be
n/k = not known
h/o = husband of
w/o = wife of
s/o = son of
d/o = daughter of

Anderson, Manda, b. 1887, d. 19??, s/w Norman, date c/b 1923 
Anderson, Norman, b. 1879, d. 1957, s/w Manda

http://www.interment.net/data/canada/bc/central_koot/gray_creek/index.htm

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ligger da findagrave info i #4.

Name: Amanda Christine Anderson
Birth Year: abt 1888
Death Age: 74
Death Date: 25 Dec 1962
Death Location: Nelson
Registration Number: 1962-09-015185
BCA Number: B13259
GSU Number: 2033501

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

normanbirth.png.cd5e9e847b39688b65b0c5a167ee0e77.png

I'm not sure what column this is, I can't read Norwegian! I believe it's his parents though correct. Is it stating his father's surname is Gabrielsen?

If yes it would match with his death registration in British Columbia. His wife Amanda Christine Jernberg is the witness to this document, so all of the information about Norman comes from what she knows about him. She would have known Norman's father's surname was Gabrielson as well for it to be included in this document below. This document also confirms what the others have posted that he was born Feb 28th 1879 in Mo. Norway, and passed away January 27th, 1957 in Nelson, British Columbia. He is buried in Gray Creek Cemetery. It says he was a fruit rancher for 44 years. It is the most common industry you will see in that region of British Columbia. The majority of the province is Mountainous and the valleys beside the rivers are full of orchards.

1607536476_normandeath.thumb.jpg.87b8a13adb8ee63b838187c12ff05478.jpg

Endret av Morgan Hanson
pronouns translate weird
  • Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is Amanda Christine Anderson nee Jernberg death registration. Her brother Magnus C Jernberg is the witness. As Magnus knew it, Amanda was born October 10, 1887 in Sweden. Her parents names were Carl Magnus Jernberg and Christine Olsen of Sweden. Amanda died December 25th 1962 in Nelson, British Columbia, her own residence was in Balfour, British Columbia at time of death. Magnus was living in Balfour, British Columbia during this time as well. Amanda is buried in the same cemetery as her husband Norman. Gray Creek Cemetery.

2066240315_Amandadeath.thumb.jpg.7454a743f1ec85661fe5fb4308927ba6.jpg

There is no photo of Amanda's headstone (if she even has one), but here is Norman's. I've sent a request to have one taken of Amanda's but there is no guarantee that will happen any time soon.

113462097_1401906245.jpg

Endret av Morgan Hanson
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk alle sammen. Nå ble jeg glad for alle opplysningene dere har gitt meg. Da gjenstår det å finne etterkommere. Noen som vet om de hadde det?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

14 minutter siden, Else-A. J. Lillefuhr skrev:

Tusen takk alle sammen. Nå ble jeg glad for alle opplysningene dere har gitt meg. Da gjenstår det å finne etterkommere. Noen som vet om de hadde det?

Har så langt ikke funnet etterkommere. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 hours ago, Else-A. J. Lillefuhr said:

Thank you everyone. Now I was happy for all the information you have given me. Then it remains to find descendants. Anyone know if they had it?

I would say it's unlikely they raised children of their own. In the 1921 census of Canada they are the ages of 42 and 33 with no children living with them after nine years of marriage. Also, Amanda's death registration being signed by her brother, normally a child will sign off on their parents death registrations.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider