Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Is the Ugelforen farm in Vefsn parish the same farm as the one in Tjotta parish.

Larry Melander
 Del

I have several ancestors that come from the Ugelforen farm in Vefsn parish records.  However, when i looks at the Oluf Rygh Norske Gaardnavne list for Vefsn parish- there isn't one.  But the Tjotta parish is shown to have a Ukkelforen farm-#62.  When I look at the modern Norgeskart map of the Vefsn/Mosjoen area- if find a farm called Ukkelfora near Vefsnfjord.  Are these all the same place?  Did the same farm belong to Vefsn parish for awhile and later was part of Tjotta?

https://www.dokpro.uio.no/perl/navnegransking/rygh_ng/rygh_visetekst.prl?s=e&Vise=Show&KRYSS255247%4056596=on

https://www.norgeskart.no/#!?project=seeiendom&layers=1002,1015&zoom=12&lat=7317727.38&lon=401360.51&markerLat=7317727.378906249&markerLon=401360.50781249994&panel=searchOptionsPanel&sok=Okshammaren

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

From 1963 this part of Tjøtta, with the farm Ukkelfora, was a part of Alstahaug kommune. And from 1995 the easter part of Alstahaug (still with Ukkelfora) has been a part of Vefsn kommune (and Dolstad parish).

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider