Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Census residential address

Jenny stephensen
 Del

Hi, I’m sorry I only speak English (from Australia). Please let me know if there is a better place to post this question. I am travelling to Norway soon to visit ancestral lands. I have found a census record in Vestre Aker, Dammen, Akershus for my GG Grandfather Svend Nilsen (born in Sweden) https://www.digitalarkivet.no/census/person/pf01052039000605# and wondered if it’s possible to visit the actual place but I couldn’t decipher any addresses? Any assistance or other advice greatly appreciated. 

97EAA34D-3361-4128-AAF3-7700B537FC58.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There were at least to farms Bestum in this western part of Oslo. The houses were placed at the today Tingstuveien 13 and 19. https://norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1002&zoom=16&lat=6650523.35&lon=258043.64&markerLat=6650502.333224657&markerLon=258064.2541495759&panel=searchOptionsPanel&sok=Tingstuveien. Ladegaardsø = today Bygdøy

Regards Jarleif

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Jarleif thank you so much! I’m so pleased to hear from you as I was looking completely in the wrong place! When I put it into google maps it took me to a village 24km to the south of Oslo. It’s quite confusing trying to translate! Warmest wishes

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider