Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Jenny stephensen

Census residential address

Jenny stephensen

Hi, I’m sorry I only speak English (from Australia). Please let me know if there is a better place to post this question. I am travelling to Norway soon to visit ancestral lands. I have found a census record in Vestre Aker, Dammen, Akershus for my GG Grandfather Svend Nilsen (born in Sweden) https://www.digitalarkivet.no/census/person/pf01052039000605# and wondered if it’s possible to visit the actual place but I couldn’t decipher any addresses? Any assistance or other advice greatly appreciated. 

97EAA34D-3361-4128-AAF3-7700B537FC58.png

Jarleif Nordheim

There were at least to farms Bestum in this western part of Oslo. The houses were placed at the today Tingstuveien 13 and 19. https://norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1002&zoom=16&lat=6650523.35&lon=258043.64&markerLat=6650502.333224657&markerLon=258064.2541495759&panel=searchOptionsPanel&sok=Tingstuveien. Ladegaardsø = today Bygdøy

Regards Jarleif

Jenny stephensen

Hi Jarleif thank you so much! I’m so pleased to hear from you as I was looking completely in the wrong place! When I put it into google maps it took me to a village 24km to the south of Oslo. It’s quite confusing trying to translate! Warmest wishes