Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Palmstrom family search

Mark Peterson
 Del

If Johan Peter Palmstrøm 1762 was descedant of 
Gustaf Palmstrøm 1712-1764 f.2.aug.1712 Nedre Ullerud gmMargaretha Blanckenfjell 1646-1723

Datteren Anna Elisabeth Palmstrøm (1679 – 1738) var gift med Lennart Lindestrøm(1680-1718)og  Petter Ahling (1678-  ??)

#7Anna Elisabeth Palmstrøm f. 30.04.1679 – 1738 -dotter av ryttmästaren Gustaf Palmströmoch Margareta Blanckenfjell

https://www.adelsvapen.com/genealogi/Lindeström_nr_549#TAB_3
Lennart (son av Johan, Tab. 2), till Knäpplan och Sörberga. Född omkring 1680. Dragon vid bremiska dragonregementet 1699-12-09. Sergeant vid Kronobergs regemente 1700-10-06. Kornett vid skånska stånddragonregementet 1700-12-06. Löjtnant vid skånska tremänningskavalleriregementet 1701-06-01. Ryttmästare vid skånska tremänningskavalleriregementet 1709-12-09. Avsked 1713-01-27. Död 1718. Han hade 1713 flera barn. 
Gift 1705-12-28. på Blomberg i Husaby socken, Skaraborgs län med Anna Elisabet Palmström i hennes 1:a gifte (gift 2:o 1719-08-12 med kaptenen vid Västgöta tremänningsinfanteriregemente Peter Ahling i hans 2:a gifte, född 1678-04-30), dotter av ryttmästaren Gustaf PalmströmochMargareta Blanckenfjell

Gift 28 December 1705 med: #8 Lennart Johansson Lindeström (ca.1680-1718) (ryttmester) BOSTED: STOCKHOLM

BARN: Anna Elisabeth Palmstrøm (1679) hadde flere barn med Lennart Lindeström (ca. 1680) enn angitt under(ifølge brev fra år 1713).

1. #404Anna Beata Lindeström (1706-1764) Gm. Bengt Udd (1697-1781)
▪ (Barna er listet opp i stamtreet)
2. #405Jonas Lindeström (??- etter 1741) (1707 – 11.07.1767 i Danderyd Stockholm?) bodde 1741 i Vadensjö socken, Malmöhus län.
▪ Barn:
3. #406Bengt Lindeström (f.etter 1707?) gm. UkjentVar han gift med Catarina Lundberg ?
▪ Barn: Johan Peter Lindstrøm – døpt 13.juni 1766 i Adolf Fredriks forsamling, Stockholm
4. #    Johan Lindstrøm, gm. Anna Stina Oman -bosted Stockholm
▪ Barn: Johan Peter Lindstrøm – født 24.des.1762, døpt 25.des.1762 i Katarina, Stockholm
5. #  Mathias Lindstrøm, gm. Helena Krem – bosted Stockholm
▪ Barn: Johan Peter Lindstrøm  døpt 31.jan. 1764 i Jacob og Johannes, Stockholm 

Hi, Mark

If this Johan Lindstrøm is the son of Anna Elisabeth and Lennart Johansson, we have found OUR Johan Peter Palmstrøm BORN IN 1762 (as the 1801-counting in Kristiansand says). Then Johan Peter must have changed his familyname to Palmstrøm after his grandmother, just like Jonas Palmstrøm (ab.1704) did about 1749 – when he took the name Palmstrøm after his grandfather.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Look at the Johan Peter Lindstrøm 1762. His father was Johan Lindstrøm. If this Johan Lindstrøms father can be proved to be Lennart Lindestrøm, we have BINGO! Then Johan Peter Lindstrøm 1762 have changed his familyname to Palmstrøm.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Once again - there's always more to be uncovered!

However: How to prove that Johan Peter used Palmstrøm (after his grandmother)?

Another bit of Swedish digging!

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Jon Erik Berg-Hansen and others. I got this response from Swedish Forum. 

OK, so we have three candidates:

• Johan Peter, b 1766-06-11, bp 1766-06-13, in Adolf Fredrik1, parents Bengt Lindström and wife Catharina Lundberg. Bengt is a fireman ("brandwachtssoldat"). None of the witnesses are named Palmström, nor Lindström.
  • Johan Peter, b 1762-12-24, bp 1762-12-25, in Katarina2, parents Joh[an] Lindström and wife An[n]a Stina Öman. Johan Peter has a twin brother Carl Eric. Father Johan is a fireman ... No Palmströms among the witnesses, but two Lindströms.
  • Johan Petter, b 1764-01-31, bp the same day, in Jakob och Johannes3, parents Mathias Lindström and wife Helena Krem. Mathias is a valet ("Cammartienaren herr Mathias ..."). None of the witnesses are named Palmström (nor Lindström).

So, wet blanket time :( ...

• Lindström is not an uncommon name -- the birth records book for Jakob och Johannes (1760-1767) has a name index, and list 6 or 7 other Lindströms that have kids in that parish alone in that time period. Remember the comment about Almström above? Lindström is constructed the same way, from "Lind" (eng = "linden tree", or any placename with Lind in it (many ...)) and "ström" = "stream." How certain are our three prospective fathers' links to Lennart Lindeström?
  • There can't be information tying the Lindströms having babies in Stockholm in the 1760's to Anna Elisabeth P #7 in a letter dated 1713. In fact, Anna Elisabeths roots in Skaraborg seem pretty deep: born there, married there (twice), buried there. And it's the same with Lennart. Why would their kids not grow up there? What's the source for her and Lennart living in Stockholm?
  • Why would the Lindströms change their name to Palmström? That Jonas #28 did probably was because when he started to get up in society he needed a name ... so he took his grandfather's name, because neither of his parents had one ... Our candidates also have mothers' and paternal grandmothers' family names to choose from, if they want to change ...
  • ... and you still have to connect the Johan Peter born in Stockholm to the Johan Peter that turns up in Kristiansand, before you can shout BINGO!

So, in conclusion: 1) the link between any of the Lindströms having sons named Johan Peter in Stockholm in the early 1760's and the Palmström family is tenuous; 2) the link between a Johan Peter Lindström born in Stockholm in the early 1760's and a Johan Peter Palmström that turns up in Kristiansand in 1801 will be hard to find.

mvh /staffan

1 Adolf Fredrik (A, AB) CIa:4 (1760-1775) Bild 112 (AID: v81685.b112, NAD: SE/SSA/0001)
2 Katarina (A, AB) CII:4 (1752-1762) Bild 2730 / fol 269v (AID: v220791.b2730.s270, NAD: SE/SSA/0009)
3 Jakob och Johannes (A, AB) CIa:16 (1760-1767) Bild 118 / fol 91v (AID: v86369.b118.s92, NAD: SE/SSA/0008)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

14 minutter siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

Hi Jon Erik Berg-Hansen and others. I got this response from Swedish Forum. 

OK, so we have three candidates:

• Johan Peter, b 1766-06-11, bp 1766-06-13, in Adolf Fredrik1, parents Bengt Lindström and wife Catharina Lundberg. Bengt is a fireman ("brandwachtssoldat"). None of the witnesses are named Palmström, nor Lindström.
  • Johan Peter, b 1762-12-24, bp 1762-12-25, in Katarina2, parents Joh[an] Lindström and wife An[n]a Stina Öman. Johan Peter has a twin brother Carl Eric. Father Johan is a fireman ... No Palmströms among the witnesses, but two Lindströms.
  • Johan Petter, b 1764-01-31, bp the same day, in Jakob och Johannes3, parents Mathias Lindström and wife Helena Krem. Mathias is a valet ("Cammartienaren herr Mathias ..."). None of the witnesses are named Palmström (nor Lindström).

So, wet blanket time :( ...

• Lindström is not an uncommon name -- the birth records book for Jakob och Johannes (1760-1767) has a name index, and list 6 or 7 other Lindströms that have kids in that parish alone in that time period. Remember the comment about Almström above? Lindström is constructed the same way, from "Lind" (eng = "linden tree", or any placename with Lind in it (many ...)) and "ström" = "stream." How certain are our three prospective fathers' links to Lennart Lindeström?
  • There can't be information tying the Lindströms having babies in Stockholm in the 1760's to Anna Elisabeth P #7 in a letter dated 1713. In fact, Anna Elisabeths roots in Skaraborg seem pretty deep: born there, married there (twice), buried there. And it's the same with Lennart. Why would their kids not grow up there? What's the source for her and Lennart living in Stockholm?
  • Why would the Lindströms change their name to Palmström? That Jonas #28 did probably was because when he started to get up in society he needed a name ... so he took his grandfather's name, because neither of his parents had one ... Our candidates also have mothers' and paternal grandmothers' family names to choose from, if they want to change ...
  • ... and you still have to connect the Johan Peter born in Stockholm to the Johan Peter that turns up in Kristiansand, before you can shout BINGO!

So, in conclusion: 1) the link between any of the Lindströms having sons named Johan Peter in Stockholm in the early 1760's and the Palmström family is tenuous; 2) the link between a Johan Peter Lindström born in Stockholm in the early 1760's and a Johan Peter Palmström that turns up in Kristiansand in 1801 will be hard to find.

mvh /staffan

1 Adolf Fredrik (A, AB) CIa:4 (1760-1775) Bild 112 (AID: v81685.b112, NAD: SE/SSA/0001)
2 Katarina (A, AB) CII:4 (1752-1762) Bild 2730 / fol 269v (AID: v220791.b2730.s270, NAD: SE/SSA/0009)
3 Jakob och Johannes (A, AB) CIa:16 (1760-1767) Bild 118 / fol 91v (AID: v86369.b118.s92, NAD: SE/SSA/0008)

https://forum.rotter.se/index.php?topic=162284.0

Endret av Ann-Mary Engum
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Johannes  Johansson

Uddevala, Göteborg Och Bohus, Sweden

Born: 26th November 1789.

Father: Johan Palmstrom

Mother: Johanna Pehrsdotter

Hi, can someone please find out if this couple married or not and when and where they died please, thx Mark Peterson

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This link doesn't give access to any info unless you (I) register and set up an account with Familysearch.

Hopefully, someone with a registered FS membership will help you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi and thx Jon Erik Berg-Hansen, but I was hoping someone could find them elsewhere and maybe more info like, where the par3nts were born and where they died, etc. Son was named  Johannes Johansson Born 26th November 1789 in Uddevala, Göteborg Och Bohus, Sweden with father Johan Palmstrom and mother Johanna Pehrsdotter. Thx Mark Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
På 13.7.2019 den 15.43, Ivar S. Ertesvåg skrev:

I will read this as "Styrmand" .

Undoubtedly, this record testifies that Johan Carl Palmstrøm, 26, in April 1854 requested and got an attestation from the vicar in Arendal, for the specified reason that he was moving to Kragerø (from Arendal).

Strictly, we know only the time of the issue of the certificate, not the actual time of relocation.

And also, strictly, we do not know that he actually moved to Kragerø.  Plans may have been changed.

There might be a similar record for in-migration of him in Kragerø in 1854 or later.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider