Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Charles Peterson info needed

Mark Peterson
 Del

1 hour ago, Mark Peterson said:

Could it be number 6 on this one conformation attached. Carl Johan ( Pettersen/Pedersen??) Born 1828 in Arendal, Norway.

That one is actually a Carl Johan Paulsen - Carl Johan, son of Knud Paulsen/Poulsen. Haven't looked at him yet (first wanted to get all of the Carl Pedersens out of the way).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

21 minutes ago, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

That one is actually a Carl Johan Paulsen - Carl Johan, son of Knud Paulsen/Poulsen. Haven't looked at him yet (first wanted to get all of the Carl Pedersens out of the way).

Sorry, I couldn’t read the surname. Thx Mark Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 8/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

Sorry, my mistake. I couldn’t work out what the surname was. Thx Mark Peterson

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Any luck with Carl/Christian/Charles - Peterson/Pedersen, etc, Carl-Henry Geschwind. Thx Mark Peterson 

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 8/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

Hi Carl-Henry Geschwind. Can I help you search for Charles Peterson? If so, what website do I need to go to? Thx. Mark Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We think this is Charles and Ellen Peterson onboard the ship named, Gertrude, leaving from New York ( Maybe in November 1855 ) and arriving in Melbourne, Australia on the 24th January 1856. So it looks like Ellen was 17, born in about 1838 and Charles was 23, born in about 1833, but children’s birth certificates in Australia, have their ages all over the place, especially for Charles. Thx Mark 

Peterson.

6773BA77-77CD-44FC-98B1-D4B89DF24135.thumb.png.398d78c9f7395f1d03cff48f14fd4de6.png

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 8/30/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mark Peterson said:

Hi Carl-Henry Geschwind and others. Any luck with the Pedersen search? Thx Mark Peterson

Hi, is there anybody still out there? 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

10 timer siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

Hi, is there anybody still out there? 

We are here Mark, however we do have other chores to attend to and also trying to help others.

It's time consuming to look through every possible candidate in order to find a possible match for your Charles Peterson. It's a needle in a haystack. As said before it is not established as a reliable fact that Charles Peterson was born in 1827-1834 in the Arendal area. Both year of birth and place of birth are uncertain. Arendal could also refer to other places than the city of Arendal. 

It's going to be hard to find any evidence in Norwegian archives. I'm not saying it can't be found, however I suggest you try look for a naturalization record for Charles Peterson in Australia (at least find out if it exists). Such recording could hold information more specific on his date of birth and birth place.

Endret av Egil Johannessen
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

10 hours ago, Egil Johannessen said:

We are here Mark, however we do have other chores to attend to and also trying to help others.

It's time consuming to look through every possible candidate in order to find a possible match for your Charles Peterson. It's a needle in a haystack. As said before it is not established as a reliable fact that Charles Peterson was born in 1827-1834 in the Arendal area. Both year of birth and place of birth are uncertain. Arendal could also refer to other places than the city of Arendal. 

It's going to be hard to find any evidence in Norwegian archives. I'm not saying it can't be found, however I suggest you try look for a naturalization record for Charles Peterson in Australia (at least find out if it exists). Such recording could hold information more specific on his date of birth and birth place.

Ok thx Egil. I understand what you mean. Thx Mark Peterson

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
På 20.8.2019 den 1.25, Carl-Henry Geschwind skrev:

(3) Anthon Carl Pedersen, born 31 July 1828 in Risør to Peder Jensen and Andrea Georgine Juell

Can be ruled out because he died already 29/5 1829.....

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Could this be my Charles Peterson? 

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/sources/MPL1-LXY

Clemet

Christening:

1 September 1833

FLOSTA, AUST-AGDER, NORWAY

father:

Engebreth Petersen

mother:

Marthe Johnsdatter.

Charles and Ellen Peterson named their 1st son Clement Peterson, who was born in Australia. Maybe Charles was born as Clemet. Also on his gravestone in Australia, it says, 67 years old and died in 1895. If, someone could kindly search for info on Clemet in Norway, such as; marriage, death, etc, it would be greatly appreciated. Thx Mark Peterson

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

May have used his fathers last name for marriage etc. 

Baptism number 9

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070524310723

Married in Holt in 1859, number 1.

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20060131041223

In 1891

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/en/census/person/pf01052865004218

In 1910

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/en/census/person/pf01036551000181

Endret av Anton Hagelee
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

3 hours ago, Anton Hagelee said:

May have used his fathers last name for marriage etc. 

Baptism number 9

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070524310723

Married in Holt in 1859, number 1.

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20060131041223

In 1891

https://www.digitalarkivet.no/en/census/person/pf01052865004218

Ok, thx Anton Hagelee, but my Charles Peterson married Ellen Cavanagh in Troy, New York, USA in August 1855. So ONLY Baptism can be a match and NOT the Marriage or Census. Thx Mark Peterson

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 9/16/2019 at 10:22 AM, Mark Peterson said:

Could this be my Charles Peterson? 

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/sources/MPL1-LXY

Clemet

Christening:

1 September 1833

FLOSTA, AUST-AGDER, NORWAY

father:

Engebreth Petersen

mother:

Marthe Johnsdatter.

Charles and Ellen Peterson named their 1st son Clement Peterson, who was born in Australia. Maybe Charles was born as Clemet. Also on his gravestone in Australia, it says, 67 years old and died in 1895. If, someone could kindly search for info on Clemet in Norway, such as; marriage, death, etc, it would be greatly appreciated. Thx Mark Peterson

Sorry, just need a baptism record, Census record before 1855 and maybe a passenger list from Norway/Sweden to USA, for a Clemet. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Clemet baptized in Flosta on Sept 1, 1833 can not be the same man as Charles Peterson of Australia as Clemet stayed in Norway, married and is found in the 1910 Norwegian Census. 

How you given any further thought to a DNA analysis?

Endret av Anton Hagelee
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

3 hours ago, Anton Hagelee said:

The Clemet baptized in Flosta on Sept 1, 1833 can not be the same man as Charles Peterson of Australia as Clemet stayed in Norway, married and is found in the 1910 Norwegian Census. 

How you given any further thought to a DNA analysis?

No not as yet, re DNA test. Maybe later. Thx Mark Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 8/31/2019 at 10:48 PM, Egil Johannessen said:

Hi Egil Johannessen, Sorry, no naturalisation records for Charles Peterson found in Australia.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi everyone, any luck with any info regarding the below Petter? Thx Mark Peterson

Still stumped on (10) Petter Carl Christiansen. He was born in Fjære parish, but in 1865 his parents were living in Øyestad parish, with a son born ca. 1831 and a daughter born ca. 1841 in Øyestad: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/census/person/pf01038163000486

I have not found Petter Carl Christiansen confirmed in Fjære (records available only through 1839; those after1839 were lost in fire in 1930) or Øyestad. I have also not found a burial record for him 1826-1839 in Fjære.

•  
Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

Hi everyone, I thought I would give you all a bit of time to help with my question. So it’s been a few months and just like to know if anyone can update me with my previous question or have found something to help me? Thx and greatly appreciated, Mark Peterson

( Hi everyone, any luck with any info regarding the below Petter? Thx Mark Peterson

Still stumped on (10) Petter Carl Christiansen. He was born in Fjære parish, but in 1865 his parents were living in Øyestad parish, with a son born ca. 1831 and a daughter born ca. 1841 in Øyestad: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/census/person/pf01038163000486

I have not found Petter Carl Christiansen confirmed in Fjære (records available only through 1839; those after1839 were lost in fire in 1930) or Øyestad. I have also not found a burial record for him 1826-1839 in Fjære. )

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

5 timer siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

Hi everyone, I thought I would give you all a bit of time to help with my question. So it’s been a few months and just like to know if anyone can update me with my previous question or have found something to help me? Thx and greatly appreciated, Mark Peterson

( Hi everyone, any luck with any info regarding the below Petter? Thx Mark Peterson

I have not found Petter Carl Christiansen confirmed in Fjære (records available only through 1839; those after1839 were lost in fire in 1930) or Øyestad. I have also not found a burial record for him 1826-1839 in Fjære. )

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider