Arkivverket
Mark Peterson

Charles Peterson info needed

Carl-Henry Geschwind
1 hour ago, Mark Peterson said:

Could it be number 6 on this one conformation attached. Carl Johan ( Pettersen/Pedersen??) Born 1828 in Arendal, Norway.

That one is actually a Carl Johan Paulsen - Carl Johan, son of Knud Paulsen/Poulsen. Haven't looked at him yet (first wanted to get all of the Carl Pedersens out of the way).

Mark Peterson
21 minutes ago, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

That one is actually a Carl Johan Paulsen - Carl Johan, son of Knud Paulsen/Poulsen. Haven't looked at him yet (first wanted to get all of the Carl Pedersens out of the way).

Sorry, I couldn’t read the surname. Thx Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson
Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

Sorry, my mistake. I couldn’t work out what the surname was. Thx Mark Peterson

Edited by Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson
Posted (edited)

Any luck with Carl/Christian/Charles - Peterson/Pedersen, etc, Carl-Henry Geschwind. Thx Mark Peterson 

Edited by Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson
On 8/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Carl-Henry Geschwind said:

Hi Carl-Henry Geschwind. Can I help you search for Charles Peterson? If so, what website do I need to go to? Thx. Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson
Posted (edited)

We think this is Charles and Ellen Peterson onboard the ship named, Gertrude, leaving from New York ( Maybe in November 1855 ) and arriving in Melbourne, Australia on the 24th January 1856. So it looks like Ellen was 17, born in about 1838 and Charles was 23, born in about 1833, but children’s birth certificates in Australia, have their ages all over the place, especially for Charles. Thx Mark 

Peterson.

6773BA77-77CD-44FC-98B1-D4B89DF24135.thumb.png.398d78c9f7395f1d03cff48f14fd4de6.png

Edited by Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson

Hi Carl-Henry Geschwind and others. Any luck with the Pedersen search? Thx Mark Peterson

Mark Peterson
On 8/30/2019 at 7:55 AM, Mark Peterson said:

Hi Carl-Henry Geschwind and others. Any luck with the Pedersen search? Thx Mark Peterson

Hi, is there anybody still out there? 

Egil Johannessen
Posted (edited)
10 timer siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

Hi, is there anybody still out there? 

We are here Mark, however we do have other chores to attend to and also trying to help others.

It's time consuming to look through every possible candidate in order to find a possible match for your Charles Peterson. It's a needle in a haystack. As said before it is not established as a reliable fact that Charles Peterson was born in 1827-1834 in the Arendal area. Both year of birth and place of birth are uncertain. Arendal could also refer to other places than the city of Arendal. 

It's going to be hard to find any evidence in Norwegian archives. I'm not saying it can't be found, however I suggest you try look for a naturalization record for Charles Peterson in Australia (at least find out if it exists). Such recording could hold information more specific on his date of birth and birth place.

Edited by Egil Johannessen

Mark Peterson
10 hours ago, Egil Johannessen said:

We are here Mark, however we do have other chores to attend to and also trying to help others.

It's time consuming to look through every possible candidate in order to find a possible match for your Charles Peterson. It's a needle in a haystack. As said before it is not established as a reliable fact that Charles Peterson was born in 1827-1834 in the Arendal area. Both year of birth and place of birth are uncertain. Arendal could also refer to other places than the city of Arendal. 

It's going to be hard to find any evidence in Norwegian archives. I'm not saying it can't be found, however I suggest you try look for a naturalization record for Charles Peterson in Australia (at least find out if it exists). Such recording could hold information more specific on his date of birth and birth place.

Ok thx Egil. I understand what you mean. Thx Mark Peterson