Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Louis Thompson, born 1850 in Fredrikshald

Emma Hall
 Del

I think this was very much a community effort, and also that most of us who worked on this found it fascinating. I have never in the past followed a family of seafarers from Norway to the UK, so this was a first.

Emma and Jane, I hope the two of you will eventually meet up, you are obviously related (fairly close).

I am also sure that everyone who worked on this was happy that we solved the puzzle!

Endret av Per H Skaug
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

Hi all

Sorry for my very late reply to the last posts. I was away for a few weeks and didn't get a chance to respond until now. 

I was very excited to hear back from Philippa and Jane (who posted in this forum) with their information on Louis Hansen and the conversation regarding him having a brother with a different surname. I am of the thought that is just has to be the same person as it is one coincidence too many for me. That said, I asked Philippa if she had profiled her DNA and she hasn't but has a kit from Ancestry. Unfortunately, I can't transfer mine from MyHeritage but I have encouraged my mother to buy one so we should be able to confirm through science at some point in the future! 

I would just like to echo Per and Ivar's posts and say that I am incredibly thankful for all the help I received from you all in trying to work out who Louis Thompson was, especially with very little to go on! I didn't think we'd uncover so much information about his family too. 

If we manage to confirm (or not!) through DNA I will update this forum with the news. Hopefully, if Jane and her family are willing, it would be lovely to meet in person at some point.

Thanks again

Emma

P.S. Ivar - thanks for sharing the church book for North Shields. I will definitely check this out too and see what I can find. 

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider