Arkivverket
Carla J Tweeton

Hans Taraldsen Bagstevold from Sandsvær near Kongsberg

Carla J Tweeton

Hans was born in 1827, near Kongsberg.  He had a brother < Halvor Taraldsen Bagstevold,  who came to America and

served in the Civil War using the name Albert Tarringsen  at that time.  Halvor came to Erhard's Grove Township in

Otter Tail county MN.  The church in Erhard's Grove was named Bagstevold  as was the cemetery.  Halvor Bagstevold was

the first to be buried in that cemetery.   But his brother Hans, is a mystery.  If I found correct information , Hans travelled

to America in 1872 , ugift.  One other statement I have written down in Norwegian states  'Han eide  pr. 1865 garden

sammen med søstera.  Might he have stayed in Norway or come back to Norway??   Thank you

Jostein Stokke
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Carla J Tweeton said:

One other statement I have written down in Norwegian states  'Han eide  pr. 1865 garden

sammen med søstera.  Might he have stayed in Norway or come back to Norway??   Thank you

This is where your statement is from -Olav Sårtvedt:  Sandsværs historie - volume 6 - gårds- og slektshistorie - page 239:

https://www.nb.no/items/URN:NBN:no-nb_digibok_2009022500105?page=241

And that is all there is about Hans.

Edited by Jostein Stokke

Jostein Stokke

Hans was born 6 Nov and christened 26 Dec 1827 - #4:

SAKO, Sandsvær kirkebøker, F/Fa/L0004: Ministerialbok nr. I 4, 1817-1839, s. 238-239
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20051111010290