Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Valle Kommune Records

Murray Rystead
 Del

Hello,

I have a couple of questions hopefully people can answer for me.

I would like to know the context of some of these records in the Valle Kommune Volumes.
I tried translating it, but I doesn't make any sense to me.

The first two are about Tarjei Svenkesson Uppstad
Does it mention anything about his death? Our is it just about him taking over land or something like that?

The third one is about Knut Tarjeisson Uppstad
What does skoyte mean in this context? I can't tell if it's referring to getting shot or something about taxes.

The fourth one is about Olav Knutsson Nomeland
The word skoyte comes up again ... does it mean that he was shot on the way to Tviet?

I've tried searching for them in the archives but with no success :(

one.JPG

two.JPG

three.JPG

four.JPG

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skøyte is the property document.

døydde means died, near exactly the same word (and pronounciation) as in English.

Endret av Anfinn Bernaas
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

No shooting here - they just write that he died in 1708. 

The word ‘Skjøte’ / ‘Skøyte’ is a legal term that (I think) can be translated to ‘deed’ in English. ‘Skjøtet’ documents who is the owner of a property. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

8 timer siden, Murray Rystead skrev:

Hello,

I have a couple of questions hopefully people can answer for me.

I would like to know the context of some of these records in the Valle Kommune Volumes.
I tried translating it, but I doesn't make any sense to me.

The first two are about Tarjei Svenkesson Uppstad
Does it mention anything about his death? Our is it just about him taking over land or something like that?

one.JPG

two.JPG

The first exerpt:

Tarjei transferred ownership of some real estate (Urtekroken) to his brother in law ("verbror") Olav,

The text leaves some interpretations, but the most reasonable is that Tarjei's wife had inherited this estate (not said from whom).

The 2nd tells that Tarjei's wife was Sigrid Gunnarsd born at Bjørgum.  The remaining text is about Tore, widow after their son.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 timer siden, Murray Rystead skrev:

9 timer siden, Murray Rystead skrev:

The third one is about Knut Tarjeisson Uppstad
What does skoyte mean in this context? I can't tell if it's referring to getting shot or something about taxes.

Hi Murray

as Anfinn and Anne-Lise says, skøyte/skjøte means deed.

-a legal document that is signed and delivered, especially one regarding the ownership of property or legal rights.

-convey or transfer (property or rights) by legal deed.

Regards

Ivar

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for clarifying ..... it sure changes the context as to what is being said.

I thought I was reading a murder mystery at one point, but now it's more so talking about property being transferred around between people.

Thank you also for confirming about the brother-in-law section. I know for a fact Tarjei Svenkesson Uppstad had no siblings, but when I translated the text it sounded like he had one.
But this makes more sense that it was actually the brother-in-law.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider