Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Erik Martinus Olson Urness - alias Martin Olson - fødd WI 1869 - farmar - bareigar i WI - farmar i MT - kvar vart det av han og kona? - eit mysterium...

Lars E. Øyane
 Del

Eg har i mange år slite med å finna ut av denne huslyden med bakgrunn frå Urnes i Hafslo.  Siste utveg no er Brukarforum.  Kanskje kan nokon hjelpa meg komma vidare med huslyden til Martin og Bertha Olson?

Eg attgjev frå manuskriptet mitt om denne sonen til Johannes Olson frå Urnes (1831-1898):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erik Martinus, kjend som Martin Olson, f. i Vernon Co., Wis. 3.3.1869, gifte seg i Vernon Co., Wis. 10.5.1902 med Bertha Marie Golberg, dotter av husmannsdotteri Anna Jørgensdotter frå Lauvhjellene under Dale prestegard i Luster (1841-1921).  Ho var f. i Vernon Co., Wis. 10.2.1871.  Martin og Bertha farma først i Christiana township, Vernon Co., Wis., men skal ha bytt farmen mot ein bar («saloon owner and operator»).  Hausten 1909 flytte so huslyden til ein farm near Inverness, Hill Co., Mont., men våren 1910 vart Martin og Bertha skilde.  Martin forsvann og vart aldri meir høyrd frå,

¤¤¤¤¤ (his destiny? - death? - mother Ingeborg Olson (Urness) died Westby/Viroqua, Vernon Co., WI Nov. 14, 1916 - OBITUARY??)

medan Bertha heldt fram med farmingi nær Inverness, Hill Co., Mont. der ho d. 30.11.1925.  Dei fekk to born i lag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her er huslyden i Vernon Co., WI i 1905 - mori hans bur i lag med dei: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-695S-YH9

Merkeleg nok ser eg ikkje noko til dei i Montana korkje i 1910 eller 1920!

Men her er dødsfallet hennar Bertha frå Hill Co., MT 1925: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VHC6-DF1

frå ancestry.com: https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/5437/47791_1220706333_0488-00422?pid=898717&backurl=https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D5437%26h%3D898717%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DNzx20384%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=Nzx20384&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true&_ga=2.92439261.1581086823.1588866349-1442769865.1532627837

Den kanskje beste måten å finna ut meir om denne huslyden på, vil vera å sjå etter OBITUARIES, først for Ingeborg Olson (Urness) frå 1916 (WI) og for Bertha Marie Olson frå 1925 (MT).

Eg takkar so mykje på førehand for alle gode tips!

Endret av Lars E. Øyane
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bare for å være sikker, du har sjekket at han ikke bodde med noen av barna i senere tellinger?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Obit til sønnen John Paul Olson

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/74516709/john-paul-olson

iberty County Times, Chester, MT, 25 June 1997

John Paul Olson, age 91 died early Saturday morning (June 21, 1997) of cancer at the Northern Montana Care Center in Havre, Montana.

John was born on a farm near Newry/Westby, Wisconsin on October 24, 1905. He was the only son of two children born to Eric "Martin" Olsen and Bertha Marie Golberg. His parents came to Montana and homesteaded north of Havre. Later his mother homesteaded south of Inverness where John and sister Ann attended school. Following his formal education, which included some agricultural courses at MSU in Bozeman, John farmed, ranched and broke horses in the Hi-Line community.

On October 13, 1931 he married Mayetta Eggen at Great Falls, Montana, They made their home on the farm south of Inverness where they began raising their family of three. They also lived in Inverness for a year and John served on the school board there. In 1941 they moved to Havre.

John traveledas a Farmer Fieldman for the State of Montana; he worked on a program to help farmers increase food production for World War II. He was elected chairman of the Triple A farm program and he served as manager of the Federal Crop Insurance program for a number of years.

John retired in 1968 when his son took over the farming operations. Since that time, the Olsons spent many years "airstreaming." John served as past president of the state Wally Byam Club and hosted its convention in Havre.

John was confirmed at the Coon Prairie Church in Westby, Wisconsin. He was an active member of the Messiah Lutheran Church in Havre. In addition he was chairman of the Board of Trustees at First Lutheran Church during the building of its education wing.

John was a 50-year member and Past Master of Joplin Masonic Lodge #114, a 50-year Scottish Rite member, a York Rite member, and an Algerian Shrine member. He was also a member of the Sons of Norway.

The Olsons have continued to live in Havre. In addition to his wife Mayetta, John is survived by two daughters, Marilyn Green (and husband David) of Lake Park, Minnesota and Gail Searl (and husband Frank) of Havre; ten grandchildren, including Donna Olson of Billings, Sharon Siebrasse (Nick) of Havre, John W. Olson of River Ridge, Louisiana, Joan Reilly (John) of Sheridan, Wyoming, Janet Dryden of Havre, Maria Green Cowles (Adam) of Bethesda, Maryland, Rebecca Green of Grand Forks, North Dakota,
Susan Denniston (Peter) of Kirkland, Washington, Jill Cheever (Greg) of Redmond, Washington, and Laura Landstad (Todd) of Redwood, : Washington; 12 great-grandchildren; and a nephew Larry Anderson (Carolyn) of Chester. John was preceded in death by his parents, his son (Wayne Olson), his sister (Anna Anderson). and his niece (Joanne Smith).

Funeral services were 2:00 p.m. Tuesday (June 24th) at Messiah Lutheran Church in Havre. Interment at Highland Cemetery, Havre.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hjarteleg takk til Ann Hedvig, Anne og Lars J. for nye interessante innlegg!

Då har me fått «på plass» OBITUARYane til både Ingeborg og Bertha, og det som kanskje var mest interessant å lesa, var at Martin er nemnd i mori sin OBITUARY frå 1916.  Men eg tvilar på om han kalla seg for URNESS (sjølv om broren Andrew nytta dette namnet...)...

Til Ann Hedvig sitt spørsmål om oppfølgjing av borni for å sjå etter fleire teikn til Martin, so har eg som nemnt ikkje finne att korkje borni eller mor deira i FT1910 eller FT1920, og i FT1930 er i alle fall sonen John åleine i Inverness, MT!

Kanskje nokon greier å finna huslyden i FT1910 og/eller FT1920??

Kvar Martin kan ha gjort av seg, vil kanskje for alltid vera eit mysterium!?  Eller kan det finnast ein «divorce record» for Martin og Bertha, anten i Hill Co., MT eller i Chouteau Co., MT som Hill vart utskild ifrå i 1911)?  Kanskje dette skilsmålet er nemnt i eit avisoppslag?

Ein ny kjempetakk for framifrå bistand med denne huslyden!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dette kan være John P Olson i 1920. Han bor hos familien Hoverson i Viroqua, Vernon, Wisconsin. 

Name: John P Olsen
[John P Olson] 
Birth Year: abt 1906
Birthplace: Wisconsin
Home in 1920: Viroqua, Vernon, Wisconsin
Residence Date: 1920
Race: White
Relation to Head of House: Nephew
Marital status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Wisconsin
Mother's Birthplace: Wisconsin
Attended School: yes
Able to Read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Peter M Hooverson 39
Amanda P Hooverson 39
Bertha E Hooverson 15
Lettie S Hooverson 12
Hannah T Hooverson 10
Charles P Hooverson 6
Norma C Hooverson 2
John P Olsen 14

Endret av Randi Elisabeth Haugros
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mulig dette kan være Anna Olson i Vernon, Wisconsin hos familien Lars Haakenson og Tonetter Haakenson. Hun er niese, mulig Tonette er hennes tante?

https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=7884&h=31206180&tid=&pid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=wOk6465&_phstart=successSource

Nb endret: Dette kan ikke være Anna Bertine, i folketellingen står det at begge foreldrene er fra Norge.

Endret av Randi Elisabeth Haugros
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 måneder senere...

Lars, I have details on the divorce and his descendants.  Let me know what you would like to know.  He definitely did not live with either of his children after the divorce. As you noted, post-divorce he is a bit of a mystery.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Innlegg #11:

Ei forseinka takk til Randi Elisabeth for innleggi frå mai, som diverre er vorte liggjande i påvente av nye opplysningar som kunne fortelja om lagnaden til Martin Olson...

Then a big thank you to L. Landstad for your contribution!  It sounds like you are in possession of some very interesting information about Martin and Bertha and their divorce, and I would very much appreciate learning more details about this event.  My e-mail shows below...

It sounds like you as well have a problem figuring out what became of Martin after the divorce.  His mother's obituary from 1916 does suggest he was still living at that time, but it doesn't say where!

Another challenge that I have worked on for years, is the question of the marriage for Johannes Olson (Urness) and Ingeborg Andersdotter, Martin Olsons parents.  Do you have any suggestions where and when their marriage took place?

Thanks again for any information you can provide about the family!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider