Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Looking for information on Halvard Eriksen Buer

Larry Melander
 Del

Looking for information on Halvard Eriksen Buer from Odda parish in Hordaland.  He is mentioned in a GENI profile family tree (link attached) and was supposedly born 1645- no place of birth is mentioned.  He married Britta Steffansdatter Øverland/Vintertun (b. 1650) and settled on the Buer farm in Odda parish in Hordaland.  Some other family trees says Halvard was born on the Maakestad farm in Ullensvang parish.  No mention is made in either family tree as to who his parents were.  I checked the 1664 Vicar's Census for both Ullensvang and Odda parishes- there is no mention of the Buer farm in either parish and the Maakestad farm does not show anyone named Erik or Halvar(d).  I did find someone named Erik and their son Haldor on the Vetrhus farm in Odda parish.  I live in the USA and don't have access to the digital library of Bygdebok's and don't have nearby access to any libraries that have hard copies.  I was hoping someone could look at the Odda parish bygdebok ( Odda, Ullensvang og Kinsarvik i gamal og ny tid. 3 2 : Bygdesoga 1913-63 : gards- og ættesoga : Odda by Olav Kolltveit) for the Buer farm and check for references to Erik or Halvard.  If found could you also make a copy of the digital page(s) of that reference that show them to help my research.  I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks again.

references:

https://www.geni.com/people/Hallvar-Buer/6000000023483094148

RA, Vicar's Census 1664-1666, no. 21: Hardanger deanery, 1664-1666, p. 26-27
Quick link: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/ft10041005071023

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Richard Johan- Thank you so much for the copies-it's exactly what I was looking for.  I really appreciate it. 

From everything I read and translate from the text- none of it appears to give a clue as to where Hallvard came from or his father.  I have also looked at his marriage (#120 dtd 5 Dec 1675) and engagement (#118 dtd 22 Aug) records in 1675 and none seem to indicate where he was from.  I've attached the links.  Could you look at them and see if I missed a clue?

As mentioned previously- when I looked at the 1664 census record for Odda and Ullensvang parishes- that was the only farm I could find that had someone listed named Erik  with a son named Haldor.   Am interested if it can provide a link to the Buer farm.  The other family trees said he came from Maakestad farm in Ullensvang but when looking at the census record I couldn't find anyone there by the names Erik and Halvor.  I was wondering it its possible to check the Bygdebok for the Vetrhus farm and the Maakestad farm to see if there is a tie???  Appreciate any help you might be able to provide.  If I can't find a link here I will have to accept that this is the end of the lineage and it's not possible to go farther.

SAB, Ullensvang Sokneprestembete, H/Haa: Parish register (official) no. A 2, 1669-1732
Quick link: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070522620424 (#120-dated 5 Dec 1675)
SAB, Ullensvang Sokneprestembete, H/Haa: Parish register (official) no. A 2, 1669-1732
Quick link: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070522620423 (#118- dated 22 Aug 1675)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 timer siden, Larry Melander skrev:

From everything I read and translate from the text- none of it appears to give a clue as to where Hallvard came from or his father. 

Agreed

7 timer siden, Larry Melander skrev:

I have also looked at his marriage (#120 dtd 5 Dec 1675) and engagement (#118 dtd 22 Aug) records in 1675 and none seem to indicate where he was from.  I've attached the links.  Could you look at them and see if I missed a clue?

I can't see any clues, either, but perhaps you should use the Tydeforum for a double check.

Måkestad is in Odda, Ullensvang og Kinsarvik i gamal og ny tid 4:1, pp 294-328, can't find Erik nor Halvard Erikson.

Vetrhus is in Odda, Ullensvang og Kinsarvik i gamal og ny tid 3:1 pp 453-459, can only find one Erik but no Halvard:

image.png.ba1b511abb5e881df4504c99b3a05ed6.png

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Outstanding- Thanks so much for your help.  Yes- I agree- I guess I just have to accept that Erik and Halvor probably came to Odda parish from another parish altogether and that link would be very hard to find.  Again- thanks for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider