Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Need some help tracking relatives from the Kolbeinstveit farm in Suldal

Larry Melander
 Del

Need some help tracking relatives from the Kolbeinstveit farm in Suldal.  My family tree ties has a link to a Disa Leivsdotter who can be found in a GENI profile family tree as "Disa Leivsdotter Hamre (Stråpa)" b. 1628 in Suldal, Rogaland and died on the Hamre farm-no date given.  Her father from this GENI profile tree is "Leiv Josefsson Stråpa (Kolbeinstveit)"- no dates on his birth or death other than a date range that doesn't work.  This GENI profile tree says his father was Josef Kolbeinsson Kolbeinstveit who is said to be born in 1633.  The dates just don't work out and wondering if Leiv could be the son of someone from Kolbeinstveit farm earlier.

I live in the USA and don't have access to the digital libraries to check a copy of Gamle Suldal nor is there a hard copy closer than a 1000 miles.  I was wondering if someone could check the entries for Kolbeinstveit farm to see if Leiv is mentioned and if he is in fact related to someone on that farm.  If possible could you please include the scanned pages for that farm so I can trace these and other relatives there. 

Thanks so much.  

https://www.geni.com/people/Disa-Hamre/6000000009880933755- link for Disa Leivsdotter

https://www.geni.com/people/Leiv-Stråpa-Kolbeinstveit/6000000005795674754- link for Leiv Josefsson

https://www.geni.com/people/Josef-Kolbeinstveit-d-y/6000000000033938272- link for Josef Kolbeinsson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here are a couple of pages from "Gamle Suldal"

image.png.178bcd8bb0acb85676c3fae8c47aa3c1.png

Note that there is a question mark after Josef Kolbeinstveit 2.

These are the earliest persons noted for Kolbeinstveit. Josef was born in the 16th century, so the geni data for him are wrong.

image.png.7c17573844c27be4dbdef51742d74166.png

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks so much- this was exactly what I was looking for.  So if I read this right- the entry for Strapa farm indicates Leiv Josefson is "thought" to possibly be the son of Josef Kolbeinson #2  who is the son of Kolbein po Thuedt and not the Josef Kolbeinson the GENI profile tree says who would be the son of Kolbein #3 in the page from Gamle Suldal you sent.  That would make much more sense.  But again- it's a thought as there is no census or parish records or probate records to confirm that.

Again- Thanks for your help.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Not sure what this map link is for?  Are you trying to show me the land area of the farm number 36 (Kolbeinstveit)??

Endret av Larry Melander
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider