Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

EIDSBERG PARISH RECORDS

JEFF JEPPSON
 Del

I wrote about this in the Old Forum and wanted to reintroduce it on the New Forum. I know that by looking in the Archives that Eidsberg seems to go back to 1710 as far as Church Records go. I am needing to back further. I found in the LDS Familysearch Library Catalog that they seem to list a Book called Prestegarder og andre garder i Ostfold ca. 1300 - 1700 by Birger Kirkeby 1923 -. Is anyone on the List familiar with this Book? Does the Archives have plans to put this Book on the Archives? What would be found in the book that might Benefit Eidsberg, or for that matter Ostfold area Genealogy?

I am interested in the farm named Oyerud. A gentleman named Bent Tharaldsen lived there, He was b. 1651 and d 1741 there. I am connected through a son named Rolv Bentsen Sopler who married a Kirsti Johnsdatter Sopler in 1731 and had a son named Iver Rolvsen Sopler born 1732 who later married a Siri Olsdatter Rud in 1755.

Other children of Bent Tharaldsen appear to as follows; Tarald, Anne, Lars, Maren, Mari, Joran, Gunnille, Jon, Morten, and Iver. I have no Vital Information on these People, just a possible connection by going through the 1710 to 1800 Eidsberg Church Records one weekend. I found a few answers on a couple of the children but that was it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Eidsberg churchbook 1701-1730 is labeled number I 1, and is the very first churchbook for this parish.

Prestegarder og andre garder by Birger Kirkeby is subject to copyright and can by no means be published by The National Archives of Norway. Anyway we are an archival institution publishing archives, not literature. I haven't read this book, but I suppose that it primarily deals with farm history and not genealogy.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Eidsberg churchbook 1701-1730 is labeled number I 1, and is the very first churchbook for this parish.

Prestegarder og andre garder by Birger Kirkeby is subject to copyright and can by no means be published by The National Archives of Norway. Anyway we are an archival institution publishing archives, not literature. I haven't read this book, but I suppose that it primarily deals with farm history and not genealogy.

Thanks for our Input. Would Eidsberg have fallen under a different name before the First Church Book was started in 1710?

Thanks again,

Jeff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Would Eidsberg have fallen under a different name before the First Church Book was started in 1710?

No.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider