Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Looking for information on ancestors from Odda parish

Larry Melander
 Del

Looking for information on Samson Ormson Tokheim b.1560 (from Ullensvang, Odda, Hordalandand)  and his wife Sigrid Saksbjørnsdatter Bakka b.1570 (from Suldal parish in Rogaland).  I am using the information found on the GENI profile website however I would like to confirm the data.  I live in the USA and don't have access to your digital bygdeboks.  Is it possible someone could look up the Bygdeboks for Odda parish for Tokheim farm for Samson and his parents/siblings and also in Gamle Suldal for the Bakka(Bakke) farm for Sigrid and her parents/siblings.  Could you attach the scanned copies of those pages so I can compare and confirm the data in the GENI profile family trees.  Thanks so much.

https://www.geni.com/people/Sigrid-Saksbjørnsdatter-Bakka/6000000001770152440

https://www.geni.com/people/Samson-Tokheim/6000000003646032293

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks- I don't think I need additional pages from this text.  I want to try and focus on Sigrid's (in this case Siri)  father Saksbjørn Nilsson Bakka and on his father Nils Saksbjørnsen.  Not sure if this text will provide that.  Would appreciate a look at the Gamle Suldal text (by Hallvard Hoftun) for Bakke farm for these two.

Endret av Larry Melander
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks so much for the help for Siri and the brukar's of the Bakke farm- exactly what I was looking for.

Was hoping someone could help me also with Samson Ormson Tokheim b.1560 (from Ullensvang, Odda, Hordalandand).    Is it possible someone could look up the Bygdebok for Odda parish in Hordalaland for Tokheim farm for Samson and his parents and attach the scanned pages for my research.  Really appreciate the help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The image below is from Ættar-bok for Odda https://www.nb.no/items/ee841c99a88843d61538055dd0129f05?page=181&searchText="Samson Ormson Tokheim"

It is possible that you are interested in the discussion about whether Sigri was married to Samson Ormson or not, from the article I mentioned. The later pages discusses what is known and not known about Samson Ormson's wife called Saksbjørnsdatter. It seems certain that Sigri was the daughter of Saksbjørn Nilsen Bakka, but the first name of Samson Ormson's (first?) wife is not mentioned. Samson Ormson did have a son Saksbjørn who had a son Nils and a daughter Siri, and the name Saksbjørn appears to have been rare in that time and place. Samson Ormson also had a daughter who had a daughter named Sigri. The article holds it likely that Samson Ormson was married to Siri Saksbjørnsdatter-both because of the names of the grandchildren (Siri and Sigri being sufficiently close to regard as varieties of the same name by the author), and because Samson Ormson owned land which connects him to the same farms as Siri's father Saksbjørn did. It does mention, however, that it is possible that  Siri Saksbjørnsdatter was too old to be married to Samson Ormson. If so, presumably the Saksbjørnsdatter who married Samson Ormson may have been a younger relative of Siri daughter of Saksbjør Nilsen Bakka, one whose father also was named Saksbjørn.

Tokheim.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider