Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Grue Church in North Dakota

Sally Hoffman
 Del

Hello,

Grue Church in North Dakota, USA, was founded in 1878 by young pioneers - most from Solor.  Last week was closed, but I want to intercept to prevent it from being burned down. I want to write an article for newspapers to inspire feelings for the church, and .am looking for someone who can tell me about ANY interaction between the Grue Church in Kirkenaer and the Grue Church in North Dakota.  I want to mention groups from Norway who have visited the North Dakota Church or visitors from US who have visited Norway's Grue.  Is there any hint that Grue in Norway may have sent a bell or tower for the new church?  Or the ministers wrote to each other?  Did anyone from North Dakota return to Norway in 1914 for anniversary of 1814?  I understand there were many from US who returned for a visit that year.  If you do not know, perhaps you can connect me to someone who does know - a church historian?  Thank you very much, Sally Hoffman.     There is another Grue Church over in Minnesota also.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Maybe you should contact

tore.ellefsen@grue.kommune.no

He is "Church guardian" in the "Grue Church Council". Expand on any known interaction & dates between US and Norwegian Grue churches and/or immigrants connected to the churches?

Rgds Tore

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Solør Slektshistorielag (Solør Genealogical Society) at http://www.solslekt.no/ might have some information. I note that there is an article in the local newspaper Glåmdalen in 1982. Grue folkedanslag visited Grue (Buxton, North Dakota) that summer.

I am sure one can find more at nb.no if one just uses the correct search terms ...

DTH

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...

If you go to this region of book and familiarize yourself with the local churches, learning which churches formed parishes  

https://cdm16921.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/ndsl-books/id/28935

then went to below link to look thru pastoral notes in ministerial boks that ancestry.com put online from Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, Chicago, Illinois.

https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/60722/images/41742_314236-00240?pId=152304095

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If you have access to ancestry.com and could open link, look under Reynolds or Buxton to start. I know that North Prairie merged with Buxton. I don't know who Grue merged with. Click on the name Reynolds like in below picture to switch to another town like Buxton.

image.thumb.png.85350edda8090b6150b6b50fb952cea7.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If you can't find it for free using above info, you can pay to get from North Dakota State Archives 

record number 21224

www.history.nd.gov

21224 Grue Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church (Buxton, ND)
Book that includes marriage records (1881-1951), baptisms (1878-1952) and funerals (1891-1992) transcribed from the Grue Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church (Buxton, ND) record book and a church history. The church was founded by Norwegian immigrants from Solör in 1879 (.05 ft).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider