Arkivverket

Ragnhild Name --- Other English translations?

Lucas Woods
2 hours ago, Anton Hagelee said:

Still would be interesting to find out what happened to Ragnhild Sveen, after she arrived in America, no matter who her parents are. 

The marriage record found by Åsbjorg Susort is still of interest since the birth year of Ragna Sveen is listed as 1877 and her Birth Place is Oyer (Øyer) both of which fit well with Ragnhild Christiansdatter from Mortensveen.

I want to find out as well. Yes the record found above from Montana seems to be promising. But the parents listed on the marriage certificate don't match up with the possible family from Mortensveen.

Lars E. Øyane

Innlegg #28:

I have traced numerous Ragnhilds in the Mid-West and have seen numerous name changes, including:

Rachel

Rhodena

Rhoda

Rose

Nellie

Lena

Very often «nick names» from Norway were used in the US.

Example: In Jostedal Gjertrud was «Jana», and Ingeborg was «Bulla» - which often became Jane and Belle in America!

• Like 2
Lucas Woods

Thank you Lars. I will have to do some searches with those names and see if there is any correlations!