Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Out-Migration translation

Jay Hagfeldt
 Del

I could use some assistance in transcribing the notes from Out-Migration records.

Here is the link:

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/6612/247

I read that Entry 31 is:

Naar Flyttet: ?

Hvorken: Sverige

Den Udflyteden fulde Navn og borgerlige Stilling: Hmd Ole Johnsen Høisloval H.  

Fodelse-aar: Unable to decipher

Indholdet af meddelte Attesier og Attestens Datum: Unable to decipher

Entry 32 is:

Den Udflyteden fulde Navn og borgerlige Stilling: Beret Rolluagsdat.  

Fodelse-aar: 60 og 70 Aar

Indholdet af meddelte Attesier og Attestens Datum: Unable to decipher

Entry 33 is:

Den Udflyteden fulde Navn og borgerlige Stilling: Ove Martin

Fodelse-aar: f. 8/5 68 døbt 7/6

Indholdet af meddelte Attesier og Attestens Datum:  All. af 2/12 84

Entry 34 is:

Den Udflyteden fulde Navn og borgerlige Stilling: Grethe Marie

Fodelse-aar: f. 15/8 71 døbt 22/10

Indholdet af meddelte Attesier og Attestens Datum:

Entry 35 is:

Naar Flyttet: 1880

Den Udflyteden fulde Navn og borgerlige Stilling: pige Bergithe Pedersdr Almli

Fodelse-aar: f. unable to decipher

Indholdet af meddelte Attesier og Attestens Datum: unable to decipher

I think what this out-migration record is trying to say is that Ole Johnsen and family left and went to Sverige sometime around 1884, but the recorder is not positive when they left.

Also, why would a family pick up roots and leave for Sverige when the parents were in their sixties?  That doesn't make much sense to me.

If someone could provide some insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards.

Jay Hagfeldt

Endret av Jay Hagfeldt
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hmd (Husmand) Ole Johnsen Høisloval (not sure about –«val», not able to find a place with this name) K. (for Kone, wife)

Bereth Rolluagsdat.  

Børn

Ove Martin f. 8/5 68 døbt 7/6

Grethe Marie f. 15/8 71, døbt 22/10

f. i (born in) Ø. St. (guessing Øvre Størdalen), conf. der og ægteviet der (confirmed and married there), se? …?

… for 29/11 74

60 og 70 Aar

Att. af (attestation dated) 2/12 84

I do not think no 35 is attached to the family.

My guess as to the reason for moving was better opportunities in Sweden, people travelled even further than that (e.g. America) to escape poverty, often leaving aging parents, too. Perhaps you will be able to locate them in Sweden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 hour ago, Richard Johan Natvig said:

Hmd (Husmand) Ole Johnsen Høisloval (not sure about –«val», not able to find a place with this name) K. (for Kone, wife)

Bereth Rolluagsdat.  

Børn

Ove Martin f. 8/5 68 døbt 7/6

Grethe Marie f. 15/8 71, døbt 22/10

f. i (born in) Ø. St. (guessing Øvre Størdalen), conf. der og ægteviet der (confirmed and married there), se? …?

… for 29/11 74

60 og 70 Aar

Att. af (attestation dated) 2/12 84

I do not think no 35 is attached to the family.

My guess as to the reason for moving was better opportunities in Sweden, people travelled even further than that (e.g. America) to escape poverty, often leaving aging parents, too. Perhaps you will be able to locate them in Sweden.

Thank you for the translation.

I've found records for Ove and Grethe (my g grandmother) in Sweden.  However, it shows they moved there from Øvre Stjørdal in 1889.  They may have moved a few times between 1884 and 1889.  The poverty makes sense.  Although my g grandmother died in 1956, I spoke to someone who knew her several years ago.  That person told me that Mary (that was the first name Grethe Marie went by in the United States) said that she used to cry a lot while living in Norway because life was so hard.  My research so far reveals that Ole Johnsen was always shown as a tenant who leased land.  The moved many times from farm to farm.

I haven't found records for Ole Johnsen and his wife Beret in Sweden yet.  Will keep looking.  Their son, Peder Høisloval (or Høislovald, a farm in Alstadhaug sogn) married a girl from Sweden and initially lived in Alsen socken and finally in Mattmar socken, where I found Ove Martin and Grethe Marie in 1889.  I think I remember reading that the Alsen area once belonged to Norway, but was lost to Sweden during one of the wars.  Do you know if the dialects spoken near Trondheim are similar to those spoken in Alsen?

From your profile I see you live in Bergen.  We were there in 2016.  Very beautiful town although it rained there the whole time.  We tried to get around Bergen in a van using GPS navigation.  That was a mistake.  After parking the van we walked many parts of the town over the next two days, visiting several places, including the military museum, and I believe a castle along the docks.  

We hope to visit again in a couple years.

Again, takk for hjelpen.

Regards.

Jay Hagfeldt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am afraid I have no local knowledge about this area (in fact you just taught me about the farm name Høisoval)and the dialects on both sides of the border. 

You were really unlucky with the weather when visiting Bergen, better luck next time (it doesn't rain all the time, contrary to its reputation).

Best wishes,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider