Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Military Records 2

Murray Rystead
 Del

Hello everyone,

I was able to get some military records for my family.

Could anybody tell me what is being said about Olav Knutson Rysstad (born: 1877)
The only things I can make out is that his service # is 5556 & his parents were Knut Tarjeisson Helle & Ashild Bjugsdatter

service setesdal.JPG

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is my great grandpa Olav Knutsson Rysstad's younger brother whose name is also:

Olav Knutsson Rysstad (born in 1879)
Service # 9167 , aside from having the same parents, would like to know what else is being said about him.

olav1879.JPG

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Last one ......

Svenke Olsson Nomeland (not sure when he was born)
He had a son in 1704 - Tarjei Svenkesson Uppstad .... apparently Svenke when he died he was a soldier.
This is what I got from the archives down below.
I may have found him, i highlighted what might be Svenke Nomeland .... but hard to say since i can't read norwegian. The link is at the bottom to what i found. 

image.png.7526c20fc2efaf9d68f22a0723289d4e.png

image.png.77451057007d657f26e920e7d6ece516.png

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/51380/412

Endret av Murray Rystead
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I know this is alot of posts and info.

Just curious to know what is being said about the relatives mentioned above.
I'm blessed to have been able to track down this info with the help of many people. The only problem now is reading norwegien haha.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I may have found some new information, per the digital museum of norway, the soliders that have a dark uniform may have been part of the Sanitary/Medical Corps. The light uniform would have been the infantry, their uniform was actually light blue. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider