Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Marriage of Hans B Nilsen, please read

Merle Nostbakken
 Del

14 minutter siden, Åsbjørg Susort skrev:

I'm not sure. May be sister born 1821? 🙂

Me after misreading Nicoline 36 and 38: 🤓

Of course, I was apparently kind of confused. But still bewildered as to which ‹lost› census Merle was referring.

Reg.

Endret av Even Stormoen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It is the Nicoline Margrete born at Eide in 1827 Dec 24 and baptized Feb 1828. On the census that I thought she might be listed, her birthdate is 1829 -- so maybe not the same Nicoline? I will research her sister and see if the sister has the same parents.

Yes, this is the census to which I referred.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello

I try attaching some files ( picture) from the books Bjørnørfolket where Nikoline Margrethe Monsdatter is mentionet. Bjørnørfolket 3 page 201. 

Mons Nilsen Storuanet and Karen Jonsdatter is mentionet in Bjørnørfolket 2 page 228 . The lived on a cotter ( husmannsplass) i Nordmeland. 

Bjørnørfolket bind 2 s 228.pdf Bjørnørfolket bind 3 s 200-201.pdf

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The marriage between Mons Nilsen and Karen Jonsdatter. 3/7 1826

L0390: Ministerialprotokoll, Beitstad prestegjeld
https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070927660586 

It seems like Mons Nilsen is son of Nils Jonsen and Ane Monsdatter farmers on Mo in Osen. Bjørnørfolket bind 2 page 134

Bjørnørfolket bind 2 s 134.pdf

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you very much for the pages from the Bjørnørfolket books. The pages 200-201 and 134-135 have the information I need to continue my research on this family. However the download from bind 2, page 228 does not fit: Mons Nilsen married Karen Johnsdatter, not Karen Jensdatter as is in the page that I got. As well, Mons Nilsen and Karen Johnsdatter had a daughter by the name of Nicoline Margrete and she is not listed among the children on that page. I am wondering is the wrong page was copied by mistake? https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20070927660586

I have found the books from Averøy to be very helpful but have had problems finding bygdebooks from the other districts I have been researching. I see that Amazon sold this book at one time but no longer carries it. I am looking for books with information from Inderøy, Ytterøy, and Skogn 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi!

I think the author wrote the wrong name for Karen. Has checked out the baptisms of Karen and Mons, and she is called Karen Jonsdatter.

The reason why Nikoline Margrete is not mentioned is that she was not born in Bjørnør, the author probably did not know about this child, when he finished book 2, book 3 was published later.

Many of the books can be found on the National Library's website (nb.no), but are only available from Norwegian IP addresses.

I have all the books by Bjørnørfolket, and all "bygdebøker" for Mosvik. So just send me a private message and I can try to help. Osen municipality also sells Bjørnørfolket NOK 100 per book + shipping. 

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, you are right about the daughter, Nicoline, since she was born in Beitstad before the family moved to Åsegg. Thank you very much for making that clear to me. Also, thank you about the information about the Bjørnørfolket boks.

If the Bjørnørfolket bok is updated sometime, here is the information on Nikoline Margrete Monsdatter 1828-1920 and her daughter Kristine Margrete 1872-1966: In 1892 Nicoline and Kristine emigrated to Galesburg, North Dakota, USA. There, Kristine met and married 26 March 1893 Paul Jensen Røstad from Vår Frue, Trondheim 1862-1953. Paul's parents were Lance Corporal Jens Jensen Røstad (Vår Frue) 1795-1829 and Anne Secelie Peersdtrr (Brennesvald, Størdal) 1828 - 1909. In 1905 Kristine and Paul emigrated to Canada, settling on a farm in the Cana district of Saskatchewan, Canada. Kristine, Paul, and Nicoline are buried in the cemetery of Zion Lutheran Church, Plainview, Saskatchewan, Canada. Kristine was Nicoline's only child. Kristine and Paul had nine children and many descendants (of whom I am one).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

27 minutter siden, Merle Nostbakken skrev:

Paul Jensen Røstad from Vår Frue, Trondheim 1862-1953. Paul's parents were Lance Corporal Jens Jensen Røstad (Vår Frue) 1795-1829 and Anne Secelie Peersdtrr (Brennesvald, Størdal) 1828 - 1909.

Paul born 1862, his mother born 1828 and his father died 1829???

Endret av Åsbjørg Susort
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

NO, no! A typo. Paul's grandfather, Jens Olsen Røstad 1795-1829. Paul's father, Lance Corporal Jens Jensen Røstad 1829-1889. 

Just to clarify, Jens Olsen Røstad died very shortly after his son, Jens Jensen Røstad, was born.

Thank you for the correction.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider