Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Theodor Julius Andreas Schaft Arneberg: the Lieutenant who disappeared and ended up as land surveyor in Argentina

Elisabeth Oosterhoff
 Del

Dear Friends,

I have another fun query!

Lieutenant Theodor Arneberg (dob: 5 Dec 1861)  together with a friend deserted from the Norwegian army in Trondhjem in May 1880. They fled through Sweden and ended up in Paris.

Theodor left le Havre onboard the boat Paraguay and arrived in Buenos Aires on 19 October 1888. He declared himself as “single”, although he had married Sandra Dagny Stromsam in Trondhjem on 3 January 1888.

In Argentina, he became a land surveyor and worked for Francisco Pascasio Moreno for the Argentinean Border Commission in the 1890s.

10 October 1901, he was initiated to the United Grand Lodge of England Freemason in Buenos Ayres with a functional title of Civil Engineer.

After this, I have no trace of him. When and where did he die? Did he have any children?

I am so curious to see what you all can find out!

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Elisabeth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Side 4
Museumsveien 7, Bygdøy. Prosessfullmektig: Cr.sakfører Fredrik Fraas Qvale, Oslo. Saksøkt: Herr Theodor Julius Andreas Schaft Arneberg, siste kjente bo- '(29,75) J. Bredrup Innkalling til hovedforhandling i mortifikasjonssak. Til
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dear Berit, Ola and Bjarne,

Thank you so much for doing this research and for finding this for me. This was very sad to read. I wonder what happened to him....

You guys are great!

Hilsen,

Elisabeth

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider