Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Marriage of Marit Pedersdtr and Peder Andersen

Merle Nostbakken
 Del

I know there are many places by the name of Moum. Where might this particular place be? In Hegre? Stjørdal? 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There are in Trøndelag (present day) a Moum in Grong, Snåsa, Melhus, Frosta and two in Stjørdal. Although the ones i Stjørdal are called Moan today, they could be the correct ones –  as this churchbook is from Stjørdal.  But I am far from being certain. Just a thought.

Providing a link to my search on Norgeskart.no

Regards

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

According to O. Rygh Norske Gaardsnavne [O. Rygh is the autor. Norwegian farm names is the title] it appears that the Moan farm(s) in Stjørdal was mentioned as Moumb in 1626.  And in 1723: Moom. [which could support my ‹theory›]

Btw. and second thought – you can probably not access the NB, [National Library]-link without a norwegian IP-adress. Didn’t think of that when writing the above.

Sorry. 😞

So you just have to take my word for it 😉

Regards

Edit: The link above is Not a NB-link. OMG. My bad – again. Hoping you can access it anyhow.

Endret av Even Stormoen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We can restrict the possibilities:
According to law, the marriage should take place in the parish of the bride

Exceptions can be arranged with the vicar of that parish.  In most cases, the marriage took place in the

church of the bride, but other churches within the parish would be straightforward, if more convenient

Thus, Marit is from Stjørdal (aka. Værnes) parish. 

There are still at least two possibilities: Moen in Hegra and Mo(en) in Stjørdal (aka. Værnes)

Or actually, three: Lillemoen (aka Moen) in Lånke.  All are in Stjørdal parish.

There is no further clue about the church;  this was 9 Nov. (a Friday),

while services were in Værnes and Hegra at Sunday 4 Nov, and in Værnes and Skatval on Sunday 11 Nov (p.406-7)

A possible clue is "Holmstrøen", the name of Pederm and the 2nd best man (Gunder Holm)

"-trøen" indicates that it is a unit under a larger farm, Holm; which is in Hegre.

(There is also a "Holmen" in Stjørdal. This is a unit under Vikan, and will most likely not have further subunits.)

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk for all denne informasjonen. It is very interesting and helpful. I had thought I would give up on Marit but now I think I will look a little more. Unfortunately, there seems to be a gap in the birth records for Hegra in the years that Marit might have been born (1787).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

So the bygdebok has the answers! How invaluable they are. 

Tusen, tusen takk for dette.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Further to this discussion -- I greatly appreciate your help in finding the ancestors of Marit Pedersdtr. I wonder if you could confirm something for me: I recently purchased four (one has not yet arrived) secondhand bygdeboks on Stjørdal: Band II, Del 1; Band III (Lånke) and Band V (Hegra). I have not yet had time to look into them thoroughly but today in the Band II, Del 1, page 431 I see that Lars Husby had a child named Lasse Buan (Skatval). 

Am I correct in assuming, based on the information provided in the prior discussion on this topic (especially from page 477 - Fortuna) and on the information on page 431 of the Band II, Del 1 bygdebok that Marit Pedersdtr (1787) is the child of Marit Lassesdtr Buan (Skatval) and that Marit Lassesdtr Buan (Skatval)'s father is Lasse Buan who was born on BRUK B (Husby) to Lars Husby, Brukarar of Bruk B, Husby? 

I hope I have written the generations correctly!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lasse Larsen Buan first married to Marit Pedersdtr.?

Stjørdalsboka : gards- og slektshistorie. Band V 1 : Hegra herad

Gift med Marit.png

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider