Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Vardal or Hunn Local Parish-Assistance needed--Tusen Takk!

Casey Smedstad
 Del

Hello!  Can anyone help me with determining which local parish these ancestors were associated with (either Vardal or Hunn)?  We are visiting in August 2022 and I want to make sure we are visiting the right towns/churches.  Tusen Takk!

(1) Ole Olsen (entry #16) born March 20, 1821, baptized March 25, 1821

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/9307/34

(2) Ole Johnsen Lien (or Lier) (entry #15) died March 27, 1858, buried April 12, 1858

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/8949/243

(3) Ragnild Gulbrandsdatter - died April 9, 1867-- (entry #33)

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/6102/285

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

i H: Kirken [Hovedkirken] (the main church). Hunn is otherwise spelled in full – Hunds K:[irke] (church).

Hmm . . . No. 15 reads: […] Ole Johnsen Brækken. No Lien or Lier. Church not mentioned.

V.S. – which I guess is Vardal Sogn (parish). Other entries says H.S. guessing Hunn Sogn.

Mvh

• Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 uker senere...

Brækken, now spelled Brekken, is in the Main Sogn, i.e Vardal Sogn. There Are now 2 Brekken farms. They are located along the road between the Vardal Church and the Segard Church i Snertingdal, on the boarder between Vardal and Snertingdal.  

https://www.norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1002&zoom=11&lat=6755838.70&lon=254312.01&markerLat=6755683.552309891&markerLon=254103.97482199222&p=searchOptionsPanel&sok=Øvre Brekken

Endret av Geir Thorud
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Geir Thorud: thank you for your reply! So the name "Brekken" indicates which farm he was living on at the time? Takk!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lien - Ole Jonsen. See page 23 in the book that can be downloaded. Lien also called Toftelien or Tortelien. Located east in Snertingdal, along "øvre vei" - the upper road. Lien was in Redalen, an area in Biri parish from 1821, before that in Ringsaker parish in Hedmark county on the eastern side of lake Mjøsa. Lien was the western most farm in Redalen, on the 1821-boarder between Redalen and Snertingdal. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

16 hours ago, Geir Thorud said:

Lien - Ole Jonsen. See page 23 in the book that can be downloaded. Lien also called Toftelien or Tortelien. Located east in Snertingdal, along "øvre vei" - the upper road. Lien was in Redalen, an area in Biri parish from 1821, before that in Ringsaker parish in Hedmark county on the eastern side of lake Mjøsa. Lien was the western most farm in Redalen, on the 1821-boarder between Redalen and Snertingdal. 

Geir Thorud:  Thank you so much for your help! I was a little confused because on Ancestry.com, Ole Johnsen is identified as Ole Johnson Lier but I later determined it was Ole Johnsen Brekken.  Do you think he was born on the Lier farm but when he died he was living on the Brekken farm?  I appreciate your help so  much!  Tusen takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ole Jonsen married to Ragnhild Gulbrandsdatter had a son Ole born 1821 at Brekken. This Ole Jonsen came from Lien/Toftelien/Tortelien, not Lier. See the book that can be downloaded, mentioned above. Unfortunately there are a lot of errors on Ancestry, MyHeritage,Geni, Familysearch etc.

Endret av Geir Thorud
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ole Jonsen Lien 1777- son of Jon Larsen Lien 1744-, son of Lars Jonsen Lien about 1694-, son of Jon Larsen Lien died 1747 about 86 years old, son of Lars Henriksen Onset/Undset/Undseth/Unset in Redalen/Biri - owner of Lien around 1660-1680.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 5/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, Geir Thorud said:

Gier: Can you help me locate the Lien farm?  I looked on the Norgeskart website but I couldn't find it.  Perhaps it has a different name now?

Thank you again for all your help!

Casey 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Lien also written Lia, which is the local pronounciation. Two farms, Upper=Øvre Lien/Lia (just Lia on the map) and Lower=Nedre Lien/Lia.

https://www.norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1002&zoom=13&lat=6759309.60&lon=258053.11&sok=Lia, gjøvik&markerLat=6759281.78216817&markerLon=257909.73008805778&p=searchOptionsPanel

Endret av Geir Thorud
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Geir! Is it reasonable to assume that these were once one larger farm? Or is the one my ancestors lived on likely the one identified as "Lia" since it is listed as just Lien in the book?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As most farms, Lien was one farm in the beginning.  I have not checked sources, but the info I have is that there were 2 farms from some time before 1756, but both parts were owned by the Jon/Lars familly mentioned until 1800. Jon Larsen 1744- is said to have become the farmer at Nedre Lien/Tortelien in 1760 - but not sure about the year since he was only 16 years then. Son Ole Jonsen 1777- was most likely born at Nedre.

ONe problem might be if the two parts are the same today, most likely ... but I have not cheked.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

Hello Geir, wondering if you can clarify whether the  øver veg you refer to (that the Lien farm was located on) is the road in Snertingdal that starts by Seegard Kirke and runs east, ending on road 249 near the Hoels Billakering Svein Werner Hotel? We are traveling to the area this summer and was hoping to get in the general vicinity of the Lien farm.  Thank you again for all your help! Casey Smedstad

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I see road 2414 (øverrovegen).  Is that the  road you are referring to? I attached a screenshot showing the road I'm referring to. Takk!! 

Screenshot_20220609-162936_Chrome.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider