Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Mistakes

Hans Bus
 Del

In my search for my ancestors I found a link to Kristiansand. My ancestor in Norway is Ole Tonnesen Westrus, but also the name Westerhuus is writen. I found out that he is born in Kristiansand on 21-08-1790. His parents were Tonnes Olsen Westerhuus(later Westrus) en Tyri Borresdr Hejrefos. Searching in the census of Christiansand I found the family in a household nr 1191. The father Tonus is 43, the mother Tarje 37 and the son Borre 7 and Ole is 1. I found in Amsterdam the marriage of Ole Tonnesen Westrus in april 1824 were was stated that he was 33 year, so the birth figures are right, his parents were mentioned too. It is my opinion that the census figures are wrong. In the census Ole should be 10 years according his birth certificate. If a look at the death and burial of his father , he died in Kristiansand on 3-08-1832 and there is stated that he died at the age of 79, so he is born in 1752 or 1753(were I don't know). Or the census is wrong or the age of 79 is wrong. So the census figures of 43 years is wrong or the death figures of 1832 are wrong.

Since I don't read or speak Norwegian it is very difficult for me to find any other relatives or any further ancestors in Norway. His brother Borre died also in the Netherlands as a sailor in the Dutch Navy in 1835.

There is a story that both left Norway because of some problems in Kristiansand. Is there a possibility to find out the reason they left?

If neccesary I can send you the files which contain a picture of the scans of the birth, death and marriage figures I mentionde above.

Thanks

Habus

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi! This was nice. My grandmother was born at Vesterhus in Høvåg, Lillesand, 15 km east of Kristiansand - in 1903. I have some information on people at that farm. Her g-grandfather was named Tønnes Ingvaldsen Eftevåg (and then moved to Vesterhus and changed surname). But I have to look at this another day. -Jarl-

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In my search for my ancestors I found a link to Kristiansand. My ancestor in Norway is Ole Tonnesen Westrus, but also the name Westerhuus is writen. I found out that he is born in Kristiansand on 21-08-1790. His parents were Tonnes Olsen Westerhuus(later Westrus) en Tyri Borresdr Hejrefos. Searching in the census of Christiansand I found the family in a household nr 1191. The father Tonus is 43, the mother Tarje 37 and the son Borre 7 and Ole is 1. I found in Amsterdam the marriage of Ole Tonnesen Westrus in april 1824 were was stated that he was 33 year, so the birth figures are right, his parents were mentioned too. It is my opinion that the census figures are wrong. In the census Ole should be 10 years according his birth certificate. If a look at the death and burial of his father , he died in Kristiansand on 3-08-1832 and there is stated that he died at the age of 79, so he is born in 1752 or 1753(were I don't know). Or the census is wrong or the age of 79 is wrong. So the census figures of 43 years is wrong or the death figures of 1832 are wrong.

Since I don't read or speak Norwegian it is very difficult for me to find any other relatives or any further ancestors in Norway. His brother Borre died also in the Netherlands as a sailor in the Dutch Navy in 1835.

There is a story that both left Norway because of some problems in Kristiansand. Is there a possibility to find out the reason they left?

If neccesary I can send you the files which contain a picture of the scans of the birth, death and marriage figures I mentionde above.

Thanks

Habus

First of all, we want everyone participating in the discussion forums in the Digital Archives to use full name. Please change your Display name in your profile pages to both given and last name.

Which census did you find your person? the 1801? There might be errors in the census lists as well as in the transcription. The original is preserved in the Central Office of the National Archives in Oslo: http://www.arkivverket.no/eng/The-National-Archives/Offices-Central

With all databases you have the possibility to report possible error messages. For the 1801 Census, click the Show proof pencils in the button menu above the data, click the pencil in the cell you want to add corrections and fill out the form. When the entry is submitted, the correction will be added in the cell together with the original value, so that everyone can see it. The correction will be stored on the server and when it is time to check the reported errors, they are gathered and checked against the original source.

When someone moved, the priest would make a note of this in his parish register (Out-migrants, "Utflyttede") and there he could give a reason for why they moved. In the emigration protocols you can also find notes on reasons for emigration.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That period is too early for the emigration protocols, I'm sorry. Browsing the digitised parish registers for Kristiansand, there does not seem to exist any records for persons moving. http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_fylke=10&idx_kommune=Kristiansand+prgj&idx_kilde=Alle&idx_periode=1810-1820&idx_textsearch=&js=j

The Regional State Archives of Kristiansand preserves the original government documents for Kristiansand among others. They might have sources that are not digitised that can give you more information: http://www.arkivverket.no/arkivverket/Arkivverket/Kristiansand

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider