Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#275] 1865 Census

Gjest Star Ostgard (ostarella@aol.com)
 Del

Gjest Star Ostgard (ostarella@aol.com)

When I go to Nord Aurdal 1865 census, I type in Haugen for gardsnavn, but the resulting list does not show residents unless I check each individual listing. If I type in first name Arne, it doesn't show gardsnavn unless I check each individual listing. As important as the two are to finding the right individual, I would think they would show up on the same screen instead of some of the other "non-essential" information - like poteter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan Oldervoll

This has to do with the organisation of the data. Information on individuals and on farms are in two different tables, that are interconnected by a key. When you are searching for Haugen you get all records from the farm table fullfilling your criteria. When you are clicking one of these records you get all person records connected to this farm record. To have a general system, working for all kind of records, we would have to show both farm records and person records every time. But this would be too much to show on across one screen. And taking away some of the data wold first of all take away the generalality of the system. And you shoudl also remeber that our site is not a genealogical site. It is a genral purpose site. In most cases namess would be non-essential for me, as an historian, while potatos are not. I am afraid you will have to endure the extra click.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.