Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#363] Linker i Digitilarkivets Utstilling

Gjest Konrad Lawson
 Del

Gjest Konrad Lawson

Your pages use Javascript for both your links and your links behind pictures. Your "floating" menu moves nicely when you scroll but is not functional when you return to the page with the "back" button. You are using JavaScript which, while useful is not fully implemented in all versions of the browsers, and when implemented, is done so in different ways. I use Internet Explorer 5.0, which is the most recent release of Internet Explorer for Macintosh. Well over 50% of Macintosh users have migrated to this, newest version of IE. Your links DO NOT work on the MOST POPULAR Macintosh browser (with Javascript turned ON). By choosing to use this method, you are excluding many potential viewers, which is unfortunate. When designing pages, especially public access pages, you should consider the audience.While in IE your pages look great but the links don't work. In Netscape 4.7 for Mac (newest version is 4.75) your page's pictures overlap horribly but the Javascript works correctly.Over 50% of your page source is Javascript!! Using Javascript for certain effects is great, even recommended, but, NOT FOR LINKS. Consider replacing ALL your links (you can use find/replace for your "onclick" Javascript references) with linkhere which is standard HTML and will work on all pages for all browsers back to the earliest versions on all computers (Windows, Macintosh, Linux).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

I am sorry to hear that MAC-users have trouble accessing our exhibition. Unfortunately, the Digital Archives is a project with small means, we do not have MACs or Linuxs to check our internet pages. Therefore, we appreciate your feedback.To avoid that the users get lost in all the links in the exhibition, we arranged the links in pop-up windows. These pop-ups have to be made with JavaScript, but it is a very simple script which has been working from NS 2.0 and IE 3.0. I have trouble understanding that even the most recent MAC internet browser have trouble with this script. I also have trouble understanding the code for links that you suggested.If the floating menu is causing trouble, it can be exchanged with a frameset. The pictures, I am afraid, will be more difficult to solve as I am unable to study them on a MAC. The MAC is operating with a different solution, hence scripts will look smaller, and pictures larger on a MAC than a PC.The best solution is, unfortunately, to use a PC when browsing the exhibition.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.