Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#593] Use of an * during a search

Gjest Meg Lambalot
 Del

Gjest Meg Lambalot

I use to be able to use an * when doing a search and tonight it hasn't worked. I'd use is when I wasn't sure how a name was listed. For example: Ingeborganna versus Ingeborg Anna, I'd type Ingeborg* and it would list all the variation. Did you remove that feature? It realy helped me a lot and cut down on my search time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

Yes, using * in query strings have been removed. It was superfluos because of the search criterias that already existed there: 'starting with' ("børjar på"), 'contains' ("inneheld"), and 'show all' ("alle").If you are looking for a person with last name Christiansen, and you are not sure whether they spelled the name with a Chr or a Kr, then you set the search to 'contains' and write 'ristian'. If you are unsure of the ending of a name, you set the search to 'starting with' and write the first letters of the name. And if you want to be on the safe side and pick any resembling name, you set the search to 'show all' and leave the text-box blank.So you see, there is no need for * anymore.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Meg Lambalot

Thanks! I'll try your suggestion. This whole experience would be easier for me if my local college offered a course teaching Norwegian.Hilsen Meg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Beth Macdonald

Til Anette: Under "Help" på engelsk, står det framleis at ein skal bruke asterisk. Dette bør rettast opp for skuld (dei mange) utanlandske brukarane. Takk, nbm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.