Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1155] Between the Census

Gjest Susan Barham
 Del

Gjest Susan Barham

With no knowledge of Norwegian, and a family whose known members were born "between" 1801 and 1865, and who emigrated in 1865, I am a "stuck" Norwegian-American great granddaughter. I have record of the family in the 1880 Minnesota census, but can find nothing in Norwegian records. Bernt Haagensen, b. 1836, wife Maren ?? b. 1844 and her mother Oliana (Oleana) b. 1820-1821, a widow, left in 1865. Bernt came from Solør. What next

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Arne Haagensen, of Vaaler parish in Solør, came to Sacred Heart, Minn. and lived almost next-door to Ben Haagensen. In the 1865 census Arne Haagensen was a servant at Skredderstuen, Grundrud farm, Vaaler. Could Arne and Ben (Bernt) be brothers?Vaaler used to be a part of Hof parish untill 1848, and the parish registers of Hof, Solør are found at Statsarkivet i Hamar, but they are available on microfilm or microfiche as well, also available in America.Bernt and Maren most likely got married around 1865, and as there are only a few parishes in Solør, it should be a rather easy task to search them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Storaker

Bernt's father's given name was Haagen. Bernt's brother would be a Haagensen (Haagens.), and his sister would be a Haagensdatter (Haagensd.), even if she married. You can look for them in the 1865 census.If Bernt named his first son Haagen or something like that, he used a conventional Norwegian naming pattern. Then his next son might give a clue for the father of Maren, and the first daughter might have the name of the mother of Bernt.My candidates for Haagen, Bernt's father:[url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?narkivverket/1865/f60426&720>Lenke Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Granli

Send me off-list all the information you have. I have the churchbooks/Bygdebøker for Solør.bgranli@online.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.