Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1373] Os Marriages - Johannes Sørtvedt-Revna

Gjest Jim Bayard
 Del

Gjest Jim Bayard

First of all, thank you for posting the Os marriages and for all of your efforts.Secondly, I have a question about a source. In the Os Marriages, Johans Olesen is listed as marrying Dordj Torchelsdatter on 22 June 1673 in Strandvig. This is different than what is listed in the Fusa, Strandvik, Hålandsdal bygdebok. In the bygdebok, under both the Revne and Ndre Bolstad farms, Johannes Nilsson Sørtvedt-Revne (1641-1691) is listed as marrying Dordi Torchelsdatter (1655-1725)in 1673. Dordi was the daughter of Torchel Janson N. Bolstad (Mentz-Vevatne)and Johannes is listed as the son of Nils Sørtvedt. They had a daughter, who was my ancestor, Madela (Magdela) who married a second time to my other ancestor, Jon Engelson Balleseim in 1709. Supposedly, Johannes' father, Nils Sørtvedt was of the same family or clan as Simon Sjurson Revna, an dhe received a transfer of land from Simon's daughter, Kari Kleppe, in 1651.Obviously, the bygdebok is a secondary source and may have errors, but I am wondering how I can treat this since a Johans Olesen is listed as marrying Dordi Torchelsdatter.Thank you in advance for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

On page 6b of the parish register A 5, Strandvik 1669-1670, we can read that "Johans olesen" married Dordj thorchelsdatter" on the fourth Sunday after Trinity 1673. So the listing in the database is correct, but we can not say it is the minister or the bygdebok that gives the wrong name. Both the parish registers and the bygdeboks may have (and indeed have) errors.The bygdebok is a secondary source, but they have used many other records in addition to the parish registers.One would need to check with other sources, to see how the names and relationships have been refered to there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.