Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1451] Rygh Farm Name help needed

Gjest Sue Barham
 Del

Gjest Sue Barham

In attempts to trace ownership of farms on which known family members lived at the time of various census, I am stymied. Many farm names and/or numbers listed in the digital archives seem to be "missing" in this exhaustive list. An example is in Hedemarkens amt, Vaaler parish, Rudsrønningen* farm. Another is in Buskerud, Sandsvær, Riø Qværn. What am I missing or doing wrong? I know almost no Norwegian, so the instuctions are difficult.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

We have a set of "farm names", given in the Rygh lists. In addition there are lots of other names, used on particular parts of the farms. Qværn means a (tiny) mill.Rud is farm number 14 in Vaaler. "Rudsrønningen" could very well be a part of that farm. "Rønningen" indicating this is a rather new unit.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Rygh's books about farm names mainly deal with main farms. The reason why the two farms you mention, are not found in Rygh, is probabbly that they are sub farms or at least were subfarms 100 years ago. There are other farm lists that contain subfarms. The farm lists from 1886-1890 and 1950 are available on the net. You must be aware, however, that these list are not 100% complete.You will be able to find "Rudsrønningen" as a subfarm under "Rud" (main farm 14) in Våler. "Riø Qværn" is a little more tricky. The main farm is here is also called "Rud" (main farm 118). In the farm list from 1886 it is mentioned that the farm name is often written "Riø". Here you will find a subfarm called "Rudskvernen with Hellerud". I will add that this does not sound like a common farm, but obviously was a mill.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.