Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1469] Parish Maps

Gjest Sue Barham
 Del

Gjest Sue Barham

Are there now, or have there ever been maps published that show the locations of farms and sub-farms within a single parish? It would seem that farms have retained at least a derivation of their original names to this day. In the 1801 Census, I searched and found the farm "Klosbadding" but the sheet that came up as Gardnavn "Ellingstad". Is there something like we have in America, where Tax lots (individual's property) are named and identified?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Small-scale maps of Norway can be found in the Topographic Main Map Series, Scale 1:50,000 (Series M711).The map sheets include: place names, buildings, churches, farms, administrative boundaries, roads, railroads, etc. Each sheet covers approximately 650 sq. km. A total of 727 sheets would be needed to cover the whole country.You may find info on the Norwegian Statens Kartverk and their services at [url="http://www.statkart.no/Their>http://www.statkart.no/Their maps will also be found in a few American book-stores etc. The official maps are published by Statens Kartverk (SK)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sue Barham

Regarding the Statens Kartverk site, I struggle with the Norwegian Language. Could you give me some hints on how to search for the 3 sections of Norway I need information: Hedmark, Valler; Akershus, Aurskog; Buskerud, Kongsberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sue Barham

Tor, thanks you so much. I can move around the site with much ease now. I will take your advice and e-mail them directly to make my request. Danke (I speak a little German, but no Norwegian)Sue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.