Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1472] Rønningen

Gjest Sue Barham
 Del

Gjest Sue Barham

What does this word signify when attached to the name of a farm? Is the answer true regardless of what municipality or parish in which it occurs?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

It means that it is a part,later usually independent part, of the farm. Rønningen is very common, if it is a rare main farm name it may be true regardless were it's situated, but most farm names occours all over Norway, and you have to specify the municipalty or parish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sue Barham

Thank you Kristian. I suspected that it was a way to set apart one section of a main farm from the other. I don't do too well in the Rygh list, because I don't read Norwegian, but I will try again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Fjeldsgård

If you know the main farm name start with the first and the second letter and a * or ?. The spelling is essensiell and I allways do it searching the 1664 cencus. If you have the area, the better. I advice you to registrate your ancestor with the farm name as the surname, with known alias AKA (situated on other farms f.i). In the case Rønningen - by memory I recall Bø-Rønningen as a farm name, and I would have the surname Bø-Rønningen, or if Northern(Nordre) Bø, Bø-Nordre. It's easier to trace Ole Pedersen Bø-Nordre than Ole Pedersen or Ole Pedersen Rønningen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.