Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1529] Holt Family from Vikedal late 1800's

Gjest Marilyn Anderson
 Del

Gjest Marilyn Anderson

In searching "Emigrants from Stavanger 1825-1970" for information on my grandfather, Torger Eriksen Holt, it listed 3 of his daughters. Only Anna Maria was born in Norway. Amanda Theresa and Tekla Cecelia, (actually Teckla Cecelia) were born in Iowa. Teckla was my mother.The source is Bellesen, SA 15081919. Is is possible this source might have information on Torger? How do I contact the sourse? Thanks for any information you may have.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir K Eide

It seems to me that these 3 ladies have been doing service as nurses in France during WW I ,am I rigth ?And I think this refers to an article written in Stavanger Aftenblad (a newspaper in Stavanger)(SA)08.15.1919 ).Bellesen is probably the author of the article.I suppose he is dead by now.Anyway this is the S-mail adr: to SA:Stavanger Aftenblad, Lars Oftedals Hus,Pb 229, N-4001 Stavanger,Norway.Web site: www.stavanger-aftenblad.no On the IGI (Mormone records) url adr: familysearch.org/ you can find a person named Torger Erikson baptised 01.30.1848 in Vikedal,Rogaland.His parents was Erik Thorsen and Martha Larsdatter.I can try to check this by occation.In the church records concerning Vikedal (depreciation)I found Torger married to Cecilie Osmundsdatter 10.16.1871 Cecilie was born at Imsland,Vikedal 09.06.1846 by parents Osmund Osmundson and Anna Olsdatter. (Source IGI) . By a baptisme to one of their children they are mentioned by name Holte .Their children that I have found baptized in Vikedal:Anna Marie 10.04.1877,Osmund 10.23.1874,Emilie Mathilde 11.28.1871. However I cannot find Torger and Cecilia at the 1865-census.Geir K Eide

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marilyn Anderson

I really appreciate the information you have found about my family. Yes, Anna Marie was a nurse in France in WWI. Amanda Theresa and Teckla Cecelia were nurses with the Red Cross in the United States at that time. They had a sister, Theodora Wilhelmina who was born in Vikedal in October 1880. She was not a nurse. I have not found her listed anywhere. A brother, Edward, was born in America in 1886, so the family emigrated between 1880 and 1885. Torger came to America before Cecelia. The 1865 census contains Cecilie Gurine Olsdatter, a 19 year old maid. born in Augvaldssnaes Prgj. Is that where Imsland is located? She seems to be about the correct age. I will contact the Stavanger Aftenblad and see if I can obtain more info. Thanks again for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Geir K Eide

I don`t think Cecilie Gurine Olsdatter is Torger`s wife ,due to the facts that in the churchrecords for Vikedal(depreciation)she is not mentioned by any middle name (Gurine) and the patrionymicon (Olsdatter) should be Osmundsdatter.Imsland is a farm in Vikedal municipality as well as a section parish of Vikedal parish.Augvaldsnes (Avaldsnes these days) is aprox. 40 km west of Vikedal.By the way I have compared the IGI info to the depreciation from Vikedal church records and the info is correct according to this source.I can try to collect some more info,however I think we do that by e-mail.My e-mail adress: eidegk@online.noGeir K Eide

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Einar Balle

HelloI have a book with “Holte” in the title. Its about some people which emigrated from the Vikedal area. I have just moved so I have a little problem with “finding things”. If you send me your email adress I can send you information about the book (When I find it.).Regards einar.balle@ifi.uib.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.