Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1585] Tribunal Agreements

Gjest Linda Greethurst
 Del

Gjest Linda Greethurst

I have been researching the Tribunal Agreements of Lom and have found several ancestors. What are these Agreements? Was there an exchange of money - they appear to deal with services provided (such as clearing land); or products (wood); or settlements for injuries; or gifts to the church; and others. What is the significance of the two columns of names? If it is an exchange of money, which column is paying and which column is receiving the money? This will make a big difference in trying to interpret this information. Thank you for any and all assistance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The system of Norwegian courts was changed in 1797. To reduce the number of cases brought to court, the system of local tribunal of agreements was introduced.Two local men (often the minister and a farmer) would try to find agreements helping the oponents to find good solutions, without taking their disagreements to expensive court proceedings. The system still is in function, but has been changed over the years.Most cases would involve debt, but they could also be concerned with questions concerning the use of roads or grassing etc.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest John Strøm

The columnes of names just give the participants in the dispute/agreement. To gain more knowledge of this you have to look in the record itself in the book mentioned on the right side. There you will find more information about the particular case.Just contact the archive that have these records and ask for a copy as I don't think these records have been filmed yet. Correct me if I'm wrong. If it has been filmed then you can buy a copy of that film/fiches from the archives.The online database are just a kind of inventorylist to tell you that there has been a dispute or agreement and where to find the records of it.Mvh John

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnfinn Kjelland

I am editing the "Bygdebok for Lom" (farm and genealogical history of Lom) and might probably be able to help linking your ancestors to farms, dates of birth etc. You may mail me off-list at ak@hivolda.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.