Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1597] How to modernize old city names

Gjest Chris Snow
 Del

Gjest Chris Snow

Where can I find modern names for cities like Oksnaes and Hameroy (I am sorry but aol will not allow me to type norwegian alphabet characters and I do not read norwegian language -yet) Thankyou Chrys Snow

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Many Norwegian names were modernized around 1919. Hamerøy, Nordland will now normally be written Hamarøy. Oksnæs will in many cases be written Oksnes, and that name is found in Finnøy, Rogaland and Giske, Møre og Romsdal, and Oksneset is in Askøy.In a few weeks we (the Digital Archives) hope to be able to present am\n internet version of Norsk stedsfortegnelse (Postdirektoratet 1972), with 154 000 Norwegian names.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tom Jensen

All characters in english are the same in Norwegian with the addition of æ 0230 ASCII code, Æ 0198, ø 0248,Ø 0216, å 0229,Å 0197, When you come to a Norwegian character hold down your alt ket, and type the ASCII code in and release the alt key

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.