Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1897] Burial notations (English trans.)

Gjest Richard Hellesen
 Del

Gjest Richard Hellesen

Good day--Trying to accurately translate the various remarks in Burials in Bergen; I understand that they refer to burial sites, bell-ringing, etc., but I can't get more specific than that. Some of the remarks in question: "i.kg.med all kl. og 1.p", "p.k. uden 1.p", "p.k. kl 10", "i kirck und. stol. ringet med alle kl.", and so on. Also, two notations in Citizenship in Bergen: "addord. samme frihed" and "akkord. anførte frihed". I have a general sense of those, but not an understanding of their specific importance. Thanks in advance for any help! -- RH

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

"i kg. med all kl. og 1. p" = buried at the graveyard, and all the bells were in use (rather expensive) "p.k. kl 10" = buried at the graveyard at 10 o'clock. "i kirck. und. stol ringet med alle kl." = buried inside the church, beneath the chairs, and all bells being used (very expensive!)Rich people (and people who would like others to think they were rich) often used much money on the burials. The King was sometimes worried by this use of money, as he was afraid people used too much on the burials, reducing their ability to pay taxes!"addord... " (should be akkord. or accord.) and "akkord ...." means they were accorded full rights as citizens.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.