Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1980] Change in farm name and prestegjeld, 1801 & 1865 c

Gjest Erling Erickson
 Del

Gjest Erling Erickson

In the 1865 census my ggg grandfather, Erik Eriksen, is located in Naess (Sogn), Aadalen (Prestegjeld), living on a farm named Hougen. When trying to trace my ancestors in the 1801 census, the most likely ancestor (my gggg grandfather) is Erich Erichsen, located in Hemsdals Annex (Sokn--the same as Sogn?), Naess (Prestengjeld), living on a farm named Houg. Am I correct in assuming that the Naess Prestengjeld of 1801 is the same as the Naess Sogn of 1865 and that the farm Houg of 1801 is the same as the farm Hougen of 1865?Thank you. Erling Erickson 702 Clearview Lane San Luis Obispo, CA, USA 93405 eerickson@charter.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Halvor Aaby

In the 1801 Aadalen belonged to Norderhoug parish, the name of the sogn was Wige. Erik Eriksen was not a farmer in 1865, but a husmann (cottager), possibly under Næs farm. In 1801 I you can not find the name Hougen, but I think that the people on Hougen are listed under Næs farm. Hougen was a rather big husmannsplass in 1865, so I think there were people there in 1801, too. Næs parish, with Hemsedal sogn, has nothing to do with Næs in Aadal, but it is not far away.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Erling Erickson

To Jan Oldervoll and Halvor Aaby:Thank you for your prompt replys to my questions. The information provided me is of great help. Sincerely, Erling Erickson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.