Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2034] norwegians in wisconsin 1880 census

Gjest ole johnsen
 Del

Gjest ole johnsen

is there a way to get more of the information provided on that census? There is a # for ole johnson of 57821 and one for niklina 57822 and a page #C32. How do I look that up. I think that maybe it would provide birth dates and parents names but cannot figure out how to access that with the internet. Mary Ellen Johnson dePrey

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't think the information you want, were recorded in that census, Mary Ellen. You will only find name, age, occupation, nationalities of parents, and of course the residence address.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
Gjest Melissa Hvidsten

Boy it's hard to figure out which one says "reply" when you don't read Norwegian! Anyway, just thought this might help. If you go to the soundexes for 1880 and track the family through a combination of state and federal censuses you can get a great deal more info. Either the 1900 or 1920 federal census has the birthdates on it and both give the years of immigration/naturalization. State censuses are usually taken in between the federal ones. You can probably get the images from the federal censuses you want online at Ancestry.com. If your lucky, maybe a parent or two (or other relative) was living with the adult children. Tracing them this way is a good way to narrow down when someone died (dropped off the census) and then you know what years to narrow a search to for a death record or obit.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.