Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2074] Emmigration from Oppland

Gjest Lisa Goplin Butler
 Del

Gjest Lisa Goplin Butler

My greatgrandfather emmigrated to Wisconsin in America in the late 1850's (He appears on the 1860 Census there.) His name was Peder Oleson (about 1826) and his family was Anna Marie (July 21, 1825), wife, and children Ole (December 31, 1855 on his obit but Census gives it as 1853) and Manerva/Inge (around 1857-58) . I have good reason to believe that they came from Nord Torpa, Land, Oppland. Years later they took the name Goplen from Ole's future wife, Christina Andreasdatter Nyhus Goplen. She was from the Lillegoplen farm in that area. In 1870 Wisconsin they lived by Even & Anne (wife) Oleson, Christian & Isabel(wife) Oleson (the right age for siblings) and Nils, 62, and Birthe 87, the latter 2 not showing up in the 1860 Census. I have searched through the emmigrants lists without luck. Since they left prior to the 1865 Census, I don't know where else to look to trace them back to their original gaard. "Strom"is written after their name on one family tree. Can you give me any suggestions where to look for information? If they left in the late 1850's, where (port) would they have departed from? Are there any data bases that address the 1850's?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tormod Thoresen

Emigrantprotokollene fra Oslo.Jeg har notert meg at de ikke er komplette. Jeg driver å går igjennom opplysninger om noen emigranter jeg tidligere har fått frem på deres utmerkede web-side. Men det har blitt noen borte.Kommer de igjen og vet dere ca. når?? mvh Tormod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.