Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2130] Census search

Gjest Dale Welta
 Del

Gjest Dale Welta

Hi!Does anyone have any suggestions on locating family members who seem to have birth and death records but never show up on any of the census records?We've looked through the various online archives using different variations of name, year, etc. and have made no progress.We have a Baptismal Certificate that I have had translated and believe to say the following: Norwegian Church for Trysil, Osen Kirke Baptised person: Ole Maurits Father: Hans Olsen, Velta i Steindalen (an aside question: Any idea what Velta i Steindalen means?) Mother: Gurine Olson Date of birth for Ole Maurits: January 4, 1868Other information: We know Ole Maurits immigrated to America around 1885.Hans Olsen (father) was born around 1836 or 1837 and died on Dec 22, 1871. Gurine Olson (mother) was born maybe in 1848.Again, any help on where we can redirect my searches is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Dale Welta

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest tom askeroi

Velta is a farm and Steindalen ("rock valley")is where it's located opposed to other Velta farms in the same area.The reason why you don't find your folks is probably because the cencus' are incomplete. Trysil in 1865 is not here and could only be bought fromhttp://home.online.no/~ddarkiv/according to another helping hand here at the forum. The 1875 is not complete either. So you really have bad luck.But, if you ask about your folks in the "bruker forum" with one of the names, a year and Trysil in the heading, maybe somebody happen to be able to help you. Unfortunately I'm not.GOOD LUCK!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.