Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2133] Find Grandmother from Bergen

Gjest Donna Skaanning Brown
 Del

Gjest Donna Skaanning Brown

My grandmother on my father's side is from Bergen Norway, but we know nothing about her ancestry. She was called Anna Marie Hansen, her father was Hans Hansen, and she married Mads Skaanning from Bjorklingborg Denmark and came to America in about 1923. She probably was born around 1895. My father, her oldest son, is Roy Peter Skaanning. We would like to find some information about her family since my father will be visiting Denmark and Norway for the first/last time this May. Thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ketil Harbek

In the 1900 census for Bergen there seems to be (I'm no expert on this!) one candidate: Anna M Hansen, born 1891.She is living with her mother Gjertrud Hansen, who is a widow, her younger brother Johannes Hansen (born 1894) and her sister Alvilda Hansen (born 1896). They are living in Bergen at the adresse Knøsesmuget 17. The mother is a worker ("washing" - meaning either house cleaning or laundry).The mother is born 1866 at "Østreim SB" (SB meaning Søndre (Southern) Bergenhus - today the name of this county (fylke) is Hordaland, which is including the city of Bergen). There are several Østreim (today maybe Austreim) farms in the municipality of Etne in Hordaland. This farm name is quite common, with different spellings (Østrem, Austrheim etc.).The children are born at "Strushaven SB". Strudshavn is a farm in Askøen (today Askøy) municipality i Hordaland. There may be others, depending on the spelling, but the name is not common, I believe.Because the father is dead, it's not sure his name was Hans. But all the other Anna/Anne/Anni I found in Bergen, born between 1890 and 1900, had their father alive and not with the name Hans. And this was the only Anna/Anne with an "M".By the way - this question probably should have been in the "Brukarforum" forum - this forum is about the sources. And I must add: This is not enough to be positively sure (I have searched only in Bergen - maybe they were somewhere else in 1901...), but worth trying to confirm from other sources I guess.Good luck further on!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.