Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2366] Hafstein in Gransherad, Telemark

Gjest Mary Farrell
 Del

Gjest Mary Farrell

Can someone help me in English, please. In 1724 Halvor Andreson Hafstein wrote a letter to Nikuls Olavson Homme (g.m. Asgjerd Torgrimsdtr Heggtveit) and Gunnar Torgrimson Heggtveit of Laardal, regarding odel to 3 tn of Hafstein. Asgjerd and Gunnar were the grandchildren of Kristi Vraalsdtr whose first husband was Olav Trondson Vinje of Vinje and whose second husband was Sveinung Olavson Kvaalo of Laardal. Sveinung was the one who had odel to the 3 tn of Hafstein. His parents estate was probated in 1668. They were Olav Sveinson & Aslaug Gudmundsdtr Kvaalo. Besides Sveinung, there was an Oystein and and Ingebjorg. Can anyone make the connectoin between Olav Sveinson and Aslaug Gudmundsdtr to the Hafstein farm?Thanks Mary Farrell mrogfar@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Farrell

Just home from my local LDS family history center and have been struggling to read early probates from Telemark. Have been able to figure out that the Kvaalo parents were Olav Sveinungson and Aslaug Gudmundstr. And found a probate at Gjelhus in Vinje where the family inheritence to Hafstein first appears. This is a 1665 probate for Asgjerd Guttormsdtr who was the wife of Gunnar Gjelhus. Gunnar had property, Asgjerd had property and also in the estate was property from an Iffver Bylhus (this farm name is difficult to decipher) who had inherited Hafstein from "dommen Semb's godts". Is Sem a Gransherad farm? So, here is another name that may provide the connection.Many thanks to anyone who can help. Mary Farrell, mrogfar@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...

I may be able to help you with your Hafstein problem, but my problem is to make the story short. I start with Kittil Halvorsson Sem, a rich man and sheriff. His son Torkjell married Marit Andersdtr.Lonar in Hjartdal. They had no children and the estate went among others to Marits parents, Andor Taraldsson Lonar and Gro Olufsdtr. They were dead and the sister of Gro, Aslaug, got part of the estate.She must have been married twice, once with one by the name of Svein ond once with Guttorm Aslaksson Mandal in Flatdal. Aslaug and Svein had a son Oluf married to Aslaug Gudmundsdtr.Oppsund, daughter of Gudmund Alfsson in Kviteseid. Their children were Osten,Ingeborg and your OLav Sveinsson. Aslaug and Guttorm had at least four daughters: 1)Asgjerd, the wife of Gunnar Gjelhus, no children, 2) a daughter married to one Sveinung, with a daughter Aslaug married to Aslak Moen, Brunkeberg, 3) a daughter married to one called Svein with a daughter called Hege married to Igel Bjåland, Morgedal, and 4)a daughter married to called Gunnar with a daughter called Aase married to Sigurd Heggtveit, Laardal. Gudmund Oppsund (dead befor 1611) must be the man Gudmund who in a fight with his brother Kittil happened to strike Kittils wife who went in between them. She died from her wounds. Gudmund got a sentence. He was married to Anne Torbjørnsdtr Oppsund, daughter of Torbjorn and Gunnhild Olufsdtr Oppsund. All the people mentioned came from rich families.I hope this can be of help for you.Best wishes from Oyvind Tveito, oetveito@online.no+

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.