Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2480] Help Please-Hatlelid Farm Residents 1863 Forde

Gjest Samuel Olson (Hatlelid-farm)
 Del

Gjest Samuel Olson (Hatlelid-farm)

I do not read Norsk so hope someone can direct me to the right place. I am looking for info on my grandfather who was born on farm Hatlelid,Forde, Norway May 1863. Name:Samuel Olson. He had a brother, Ben, born July 1865. Samuel immigrated to US 1884. Took the name Samuel O. Lee in US. He married in US Anna Juve, in 1865. Brother, Ben immigrated to US 1887 and lived with Samuel & wife. This info was taken from the 1900 US census. I would like to find out more about their family and the farm location,etc.,in Norway. Whether there were other siblings, also their father and mothers names. Any direction for help in this regard will be appreciated. Donna (Lee) Broberg drbroberg@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

It took quite an effort to sort out who was who in the 1865 census for Sogn & Fjordane county and the Emigration records for Bergen:First, I know I risk my head and neck in saying this, but from what I have found, you might have to revise some of the information you have on Samuel and his brother Ben:By going back and forth between different databases, I've come up with the following:"Samuel" must be identical to Simon Olsen Hatleli, born May 25, 1863. He emigrated from Bergen (Emigration records) in 1882. His brother "Ben" should then be identical to Bottolf Olsen Hatleli, born May 13 1866. (He had a twin sister). He emigrated in 1884.The Hatleli farm is in Leikanger in Sogn.Their parents were Ole Andreas Olsen (born 1834 in Leikanger and Eli Simonsdatter (born 1824 in Kirkebø parish in Ladvik, also in Sogn). Both were alive in 1900.Hope this wasn't on "the far side".Kjell H

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

Simon and Bottolf Olsson left Hatleli farm for USA in 1882.I am almost certain that this is the persons you are searching for.They where born at Hatleli farm 1863/66 , and the parents where Ole Andreas Olsson from Bøtun,Leikanger and Eli Simondatter.They married 10.08.1856.Ole Andreas was born on 6.5.1834.His parents where Ole Bottoldsen,(1788Sagen)and Britha Amunddatter (28.9.1793.They married 25.10.1818.Britha Amunddatter was the daugther of Amund Michelsson and Anna Larsdatter.Amund was probably born in 1758 at Bøtun farm , and Anna was born in 1772 at Torsnes farm in Sogn og Fjordane.Amund and Anna was married 12.10.1792.I Hope this was to som help for you.Yua can searh at:http://www.sffarkiv.no/sffbasar/default.asp

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 9 måneder senere...
Gjest Kjell Hamberg

A little bell rang when I saw the Hatleli name and thought I'd bring this theme into the "light of day" again ...Mvh Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.