Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#2631] Informaion on Petrine Gudbrandsdatter

Gjest Ted Paulson---Tpaulson11@yahoo.com
 Del

Gjest Ted Paulson---Tpaulson11@yahoo.com

My name is Ted Paulson.. I am looking for details on my grandmothers roots. Records show she was born in HOLLAND, Norway in 1871. Fathers name was Guldbrand Paulsen and his wife was named Lise? Other siblings included names such as, Hellene B. ? and Berthe ? I also have USA names of Cora and Lena.. I believe they came to US in 1871..Petrine Married Amund Paulson in early 1880's and settled in Whitehall, Wis. area.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

"Holland" may be interpreted in so many ways, as a miss-spelled geographical place, farmname, etc. The possibilities are wide ranging. Therefore: do you have any additional information which allows us to zoom in on them?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

A general search in the 1865 census reveal that there apparently is a "Holland" parish. My interpretation, however, is that this is a mis-spelling, possibly of "Haaland" in Rogaland county in southwestern Norway. I have not searched the 1865 census to see if some of the names mentioned can be found.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

I believe I have foun the familiy you are sarching for.In the RHD census for 1875 I found this:In Jevnaker .Lineloekken or Greftegrefengen farm.Guldbrand Paulsen born 1845 in Nitterdal His wife Lise Hellene Gudbrandsdatter born 1845 in Lunner. Petrin Gudbrandsdatter born 1871 in Jevnaker. Berthe Marie Gudbrandsdatter born 1874 born in Jevnaker. In the 1865 census on the same farm(Greftegrefslinloekken) you will find Lise and her parents. Gulbrand Pedersen born 1814 in Jevnaker Berte Hansdatter his wife born 1815 in Jevnaker Peter Gulbrandsen their son born in 1848 Jevnaker and Lise born 1844 Jevnaker.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ted Paulson

Thank you for previous information... Does this area mentioned have any connection as to why Petrine would call Holland her place of birth? sp? Also, is there anyway to determine when they left Norway and what port? Thanks again..Ted Paulson...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jarleif Nordheim

The local district north of Oslo is called "Hadeland" - pronounced as "Halland" by the people who liv there. Many times this has turned out to be "Holland" in the US.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

There are many farms in Norway that was called Holand.And there is also an area I think in Akershus that is called Holand sogn and praestegjeld.This is most likely the area your family came from.I would belive they left Norway from Oslo(Kristiania), but the emigration list are not complet.I have not been abel to find the place and time they left Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.