Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3041] Looking for parents of Anne Olsdotter

Gjest James Bayard
 Del

Gjest James Bayard

I have been trying to find the parents of Anne Olsdotter as well as where and when she was born. She married Mons Jemdahl (Gjemdal or Giemdal)on May 7, 1780 in NK parish in Bergen. Anne and Mons had two children, Ole (born November 10, 1780 in Domkirken in Bergen) and Karen Martine (born December 15, 1782 in Domkirken in Bergen). She must have died between 1782 and 1788 because I found "Mons Olsen Hiemdal" marrying Inger Iversdtr. on June 15, 1788 in Domkirken. I would appreciate any help to find Anne Olsdtr's date and place of birth as well as her parents. I am not sure what other resources I can use to determine this information. As you can imagine, there are multiple Anne Olsdtr's.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Maybe I'm messing things up for you, but in the mormon database (familysearch.org), I found a marrige record (June 23 1780 in Manger, Hordaland) for Mons Olsen and wife Anne. Since Manger is just outside Bergen, it may well be that NK was their church. I know, however, that secondary records in another parish were sometimes practiced. If so, Manger is a place to start looking for Anne Olsdatter and her parents?I know the dates of marriage are not the same, but at the time, the date of engagement was also recorded and are often found side-by side with the marriage records.From what I've seen, this forum has a lot of followers with a detailed knowledge of Bergen and surrounding areas. I'm sure one of them can tell what church wss used by people in Manger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

I discovered that it might be that another couple with identical names were married in Manger in 1780. The reference I made to "familysearch.org" can also be found in "Marriage records for Manger 1759-1815". (Look for Mons Olsen & Ane Olsdatter).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest James Bayard

Thank you for your help in regards to Anne Olsdtr. Unfortunately, I do not think that the couple that married in Manger is the same couple. Mons Olsen Gjemdal (Jemdal, Giemdall) and Anne Olsdtr. were engaged in 1789, and married in 1780. Unfortunately, the bygdebok for Os and the Gjemdal farm does not mention her and where she was from. I am at a lost as to how I can find her birthplace and who her parents were. I have tried the censuses, birth records (online), and the marriage records (online). Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

I discovered that second couple after my first reply, but being a bit unfamiliar with the local geographics, I still hoped they were connected.On the other hand, knowing that there actually were actually two couples so identical in names and marital year (and so geographically close), is nevertheless useful since it's possible to avoid later misunderstandings.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ove Erik Storhaug

Til: Kjell Hamberg, Porsgrunn. NK i kirkebøkene i Bergen tydar Nykirken som ligg på Nordnes i Bergen Sentrum. Manger er ca. 6 mil nord for Bergen og har sin eigen kyrkje som heiter Manger kyrkje.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Jeg er fullstendig klar over at NK betyr Nykirken, men ber om unnskyldning for manglende lokalkunnskap.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.