Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3183] Christine Corinne Abel - in Etne 1801

Gjest Elizabeth Abel
 Del

Gjest Elizabeth Abel

I am trying to trace my grandfather's genealogy, but am stopped at Christine Corinne Abel (or Kristina Karina Abel).In 1801 she was 38, widowed, and in Etne with 2 sons. Maybe her husband was a de Chezaulx of Bergen. In 1815 her sons were in Bergen. Someone with her name has a probate record for Etne 1825-1834; perhaps that is when she died.Is there someone I could write to that could either send me information from Etne, or could research her for me? I'd like to know who her husband(s) were, and also some information about her: when/where she was born/died, and the names of her parents.Thank you for any help! Mange takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bengt Kvammen

Christine Karine Geelmuyden born 1762 Stavanger D. 1827. Mathias Hansen Abel b. 1754 Jelsa d.1796 Enge Etne. Preast in Hosanger and Skånevik.bekvamme@online.no Hilsen Bengt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

Mathias Abel was born Dec. 9, 1754 in Vikedal as the son of Hans Hanssen Abel, a parish minister, and Maren Povelsdtr Skonevik. He married Christine Karine Geelmuyden, born Jan. 12, 1762 in Stavanger and the daughter of Gert Pedersen (or Gerhard Peter) Geelmuyden and Catharina Johanna Smith (1735-1816). Gert Pedersen Geelmuyden and Catharina Johanne Smith got married in Domkirken, Bergen March 13, 1760.Gert Pedersen Geelmuyden was born in Vikør, Hardanger in 1717, baptised there April 25, 1717. He died in Stavanger Jan. 15, 1775. He was the son of Peder Gertsen Geelmuyden (born around 1660, died Dec. 21, 1723) and Christine Jersin.Catharina Johanne Smith was born in Bergen 1735, baptised Aug. 26, 1735, and she was the daughter of Otto Christiansen Smith and Maria Kydersdatter Fasting.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Elizabeth Abel

How wonderful! Thank you so much for all of this information.I'm so surprised not to find a "de Chezaulx"! It is quite a mystery why one of Chistine's sons is named Jean Etienne de Chezaulx Abel. Perhaps Christine married twice, or Jean was illigitimate or adopted. He was my great-great-great grandfather.But the good news is that I can now see a possible connection to Niels Henrik Abel (the mathematician), who my grandfather said was a "great uncle".Thank you both so much for this help!! Mange takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bente Bråthen

I am related to Hans Gerard Abel - the other son of Christine and Mathias. He was my great-great-great grandfather.I also have wondered of the name de Chezaulx.I have a small book called"Supplementbind til S.H.Finne-Grønns Abelbok av 1899" written by Elisa Tandberg. In this book a person called Jean Etienne de Chezaulx Abel is mentioned. He lived 1860-1899 and was journalist- probably in Bergen.There is also an another Jean Etienne who had a douther - Christine Cecilie Abel born 24/9 1835 in Bergen.Maybe you can find more about these persons Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Elizabeth Abel

Hello cousin Bente!! (well almost!)I now believe that my gr-gr-gr-grandfather Jean Etienne de Chezaulx Abel was an orphan left in the care of Christine & Mathias Abel - not their son. He must be a grandson of Jean Etienne de Chezaulx (1723-1799), the royal French consul in Bergen. After Mathias died, Christine sent Jean to live with her sister (Alida Cathrina Geelmuyden Krohn) & her mother. Jean married Alida's daughter Cecilia Margarethe: these are my ancestors. So, you and I are related only because Jean married the niece of your gr-gr-gr-grandmother!The Jean you mentioned (1860-1899) is the brother of my great grandfather, Sophus Abel (1867-1922). His son, Nils, my grandfather, emigrated to Canada in 1923.Bente, I am VERY INTERESTED in the book you mentioned. Could you tell me who published it and when it was printed? Perhaps I will be able to get a copy of it. Thank you so much! Betty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Elizabeth Abel

I have 2 "Abel" questions. Bente, perhaps your book will have the answers:1. How is Mathias Hanssen Abel (1754 Vikedal -1796 Etne) related to Neils Henrik Abel (1802 Finnoe - 1829 Froland Verk)? My grandfather claimed that Neils Henrik was a "great uncle". Thanks to Yngve above, I know that Mathias Hanssen Abel was the son of Hans Hanssen Abel (1720-?) and Maren Povelsdtr Skonevik. The AbelCentre website says Niels Henrik is the son of Soeren Georg Abel (1771-? Gjerstad), son of Hans Mathias Abel (1738-1804 Gjerstad). I see a Hans Abel in the 1701 Census in Tysnaes. Could he be the connection?2. My grandfather said the "Abel" family name comes from Germany. Does anyone know when the family immigrated to Norway, and from what part of Germany?Thank you everyone for your interest & help!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bente Bråthen,kjel-ro@online.no

Hello Betty! My book couldn`t tell how they are related,but I think Hans Mathias Abel is son of Hans Abel(1701-?) and Maren Finde.He married her in 1727 and Maren Schonevig in 1743(Mathias`s mother.)Mathias Hanssen Abel was Søren Georgs uncle if I have the right informations. Mathias Abel(1620-1665) was born in Abild,Slesvig.He was "commisariatskriver" in Trondheim and married to Karen Rasmusdatter(1633-?).His son was Hans Mathiassen Abel born 1654 and married to Clara Hanning(1663-?).They were Hans Hanssen Abels (born 1701 in Tysnes)parents. Mail me if you want more informations,all the Hans and Mathias names are very confusing!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.