Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3313] Looking for Abraham Larson Hegdahl(hegdal) (Haegda

Gjest Marlene Stadler- Hegdahl
 Del

Gjest Marlene Stadler- Hegdahl

I am trying to find answers and trace family. My great-grandfather was Abraham Larson Hegdal, according to the records of the Mormon Church. He was born in Innvik, in 1854. He migrated to America. Don't know when. I have been told that the family possibly went by the name Opheim for a time while they were running some sort of business. I have not been able to find him on the Immigration records. I have not been able to find birth records or marriage records. According to the Mormon church records, his wife was Kari Bertine Paulsdatter Drageset. I have not been able to verify this. I would like to find the facts and trace the family history. I would appreciate any help. Thank You, Prairiegurl10417@aol.com, Marlene Stadler-Hegdal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

As a starter, I think you'll find Kari Bertine in the 1865 census for Indvik. Look for Kari Paulsdatter (10) at the farm Dragsæter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

They can be found in the emigration records for Bergen:Abraham Larsen Hægdal emigrated on June 1 1875 and Kari Paulsdatter Drageset on June 12 1884.They were not married when they emigrated

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Me again ...Since Abraham emigrated in 1875, he should be present in the 1880 census:I've found one Abraham Hagdal in the 1880 census for Dakota (Lake County). The age doesn't fit to 100%, but it's something to out from.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karin Gald Semb

In case you are interested in going back to the "cradle", I have the church records for Innvik in my possession. According to these Abraham was born on 4 Nov,and baptised on 6 Dec in 1854.His parents are listed as: Lars Abrahamsen and Brite Andersdatter Hegdal. Unfortunately none of the sponsors are registered. If you want to, I can look for more info on their background.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Karin Gald Semb

The full name of Abraham's father: Lars Abrahamson Oppheim. He lived on the Heggdal farm with his wife Brite A.Loen. There is one Kari,b 18 May, bapt.20 July in 1856. Parents:Paul Ingebrigsten Dragesæther and Johanne Arnesdatter. Sponsors: Anders R. Dragesæther, Nils I.Støive, Kari A. Støive, Gertrud A.Sunde, Pernille R.Felle. She may be your great-grandmother!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.