Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3332] Erland Anderson/Ingri Iversdatter; Hedalen 1820's

Gjest David Orser
 Del

Gjest David Orser

I am wondering if anyone might have information about Erland Anderson f. 1784-5 and his wife Ingri Iversdatter f. 1786-7 who lived in Hedalen, Oppland, and had daughter Sigri(f.1820). I believe Erland's parents were Anders Jonsen(f.1754?) and Sigri Erlandsdatter(f.1759?) who lived on Aspeholdt farm, Hedalen. I believe Ingri's parents were Iver Gulbrandsen(f.1750?) and Kari Olsdatter(f.1755?) of Nordbye farm, Hedalen.I would appreciate any information on any of these people and ancestors.Also, I have noticed that Erland(from 1801 census) is written as Ellen Anderson several separate times in the church records. And that his daughter was shown as Erlandsdatter and Ellensdatter at different times. Were the two names Erland/Ellen the same?Thanks for any help,David

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Andersen

Ellen is a girl name in norwegian!But Erlen/Erlend should be synonyms for Erland. A lousy 'r' can of course be misread as an 'l' so that the result will be Ellen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

To my opinion, there's no misunderstanding, lousy or missing "r" in the spelling.Ellen, today a typical girl's name, was a boy's/man's name, too, at least up to 1800 and is frequently found in ministerial record form that period.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest David Orser

Thanks you two. He is clearly Erland in the 1801 census, and then Ellen at three of his children's births I have seen so far. His daughter is shown at her children's births as Ellensdatter four times, and Erlandsdatter once. And at the confirmations of those children, it shows Ellensdatter, Erlandsdatter, and even Erlingsdatter. And the 1865 census shows Erlandsdatter. So, I was thinking Ellen may have been a "nick" name for Erland, like Jack is for John.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.